• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Prize thread!
6 6

114 posts in this topic

• Administrator

The next contest in a few months will have different rules.  Everyone will get to submit their grades in all 4 rounds, and the prizes will be awarded to first place to 50th place if we have 50 prizes.  In other words, they won't be just given to the top ten.  

On 2/19/2022 at 6:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

The next contest in a few months will have different rules.  Everyone will get to submit their grades in all 4 rounds, and the prizes will be awarded to first place to 50th place if we have 50 prizes.  In other words, they won't be just given to the top ten.  

hm I knew it didn't hurt to ask, just depends on how busy everyone was.

Thank You for feedback :) 

• Administrator

Here is the picking order for the prizes.  There are pictures of most all of the prizes in the 3rd post on page 1 of this thread. After you make a pick, quote the prize list and strike through the prize you have taken so the next person in line knows what is left.  Contact the person who donated the prize to provide your shipping address.  As far as the CGC prize, the person choosing that can contact me.

1.  @Squirrel Guy  11 points

2.  @Motor City Rob 14 points

3.  @zzutak  18 points  9 bullseyes

4.  @pastandpresentcomics  18 points  8 bullseyes  most books off by 1 grade 8

5.  @Timmay  18 points  8 bullseyes  most books off by 1 grade 7

6.  @jbpez  18 points  6 bullseyes

7.  @HighStakesComics  20 points  6 bullseyes

8.  @Frederic9494  20 points  5 bullseyes

9.  @Wipple  21 points

10.  @zoso99  25 points

• Administrator

Prize #1  $500 Grading credit  Donated by CGC   Chosen by Squirrel Guy

Prize #2  Batman Credit Card  Donated by Cushing Fan

Prize #3  Tales of the Crypt #2  CGC 9.0  Donated by 68redlines73

Prize #4  Giant-Size Captain America 1: Reprints Tales of Suspense 59-63. Kirby art throughout and 63 is Cap's origin, if that's something you're interested in. Previous owner spilled something on the book, reds bleed through the pages giving many a pinkish hue. G

Giant-Size Doc Savage 1: Reprints Doc Savage 1 and 2, which is an adaptation of a pulp based on a novel depicting events that may have really happened, I think. This one's got a pretty sweet John Buscema cover. Impact ding on LLC, goes through the book. F-

Giant-Size Fantastic Four 2: Time travel to the American Revolution and the 1920's! John Buscema pencils the main story. The backup story is a reprint of FF 13. The Watcher Appears! There's a little road rash on the URBC. F

Giant-Size Spider Man 2: Spider-Man and Shang Chi fight each other, then team up to fight Fu Manchu at the Empire State Building. The backup story is a reprint of ASM Annual 3. F+/VF-

Willing to ship anywhere. International, just point me in the right direction and I'll get them to you. U.S., I can figure it out, usually.

Donated by jas1vans

Prize #5  three random comics which I will send as one winning lot anywhere in the world :)  Donated by Get Marwood & I  *Spidey not included :)

Prize #6   Shipped anywhere on my dime.   Star Wars (John Tyler Christopher covers, mostly exclusives) group of 9  Donated by thirdgreenham  Chosen by pastandpresentcomics

Prize #7  Shipped anywhere on my dime.  Avengers 4 (1993 reprint) CGC 9.6 (bottom right corner is cracked, sorry)  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #8  Shipped anywhere on my dime.  Broncho Bill #s 5,7,8 (western Good Girl Art covers)  Donated by thirdgreenham  Chosen by jbpez

Prize #9 Vigilante, Vol 2, 1-6. The best dancer in the Peacemaker show;)  Shipped anywhere.  Donated by skypinkblu 

Prize #10  Daredevil #160 that was formerly graded CGC 9.6 (it's been cracked out of the slab)...the label will be included with the book, and I'll ship anywhere.  Donated by silverseeker  Chosen by TIMMAY

Prize #11  a couple of Modern key spec books in mint condition.  Oblivion Song 1 with pink signature and Department of Truth first print  donated by KryptoMayor

Prize #12.  stack of classics--shipped anywhere fedex delivers.  Donated by Wipple

Prize 13.  All American Men of War 5-pack #86, 87, 88, 89, 90 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham  Chosen by Motor City Rob

Prize #14.  G. I. Combat 5-pack #122, 123, 125, 126, 128 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize 15.  Our Army At War 5-pack #170, 171, 172, 174, 175 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize 16.  Our Fighting Forces 5-pack #76, 77, 78, 80, 81 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #17.  Star Spangled War Stories 5-pack #138, 139, 140, 141, 142 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize 18.  Detective Comics 438, 439, 442, 443, 444 Willing to ship anywhere. Internationals, just point me in the right direction.  Donated by jas1vans

Prize #19  Marvel Infinity War #1-6 in VF condition. Shipped anywhere.  Donated by HighStakesComics

On 2/20/2022 at 9:59 PM, CGC Mike said:

Prize #1  $500 Grading credit  Donated by CGC

Prize #4  Giant-Size Captain America 1: Reprints Tales of Suspense 59-63. Kirby art throughout and 63 is Cap's origin, if that's something you're interested in. Previous owner spilled something on the book, reds bleed through the pages giving many a pinkish hue. G

Giant-Size Doc Savage 1: Reprints Doc Savage 1 and 2, which is an adaptation of a pulp based on a novel depicting events that may have really happened, I think. This one's got a pretty sweet John Buscema cover. Impact ding on LLC, goes through the book. F-

Giant-Size Fantastic Four 2: Time travel to the American Revolution and the 1920's! John Buscema pencils the main story. The backup story is a reprint of FF 13. The Watcher Appears! There's a little road rash on the URBC. F

Giant-Size Spider Man 2: Spider-Man and Shang Chi fight each other, then team up to fight Fu Manchu at the Empire State Building. The backup story is a reprint of ASM Annual 3. F+/VF-

Willing to ship anywhere. International, just point me in the right direction and I'll get them to you. U.S., I can figure it out, usually.

Donated by jas1vans

Prize #5  three random comics which I will send as one winning lot anywhere in the world :)  Donated by Get Marwood & I  *Spidey not included :)

Prize #6   Shipped anywhere on my dime.   Star Wars (John Tyler Christopher covers, mostly exclusives) group of 9  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #7  Shipped anywhere on my dime.  Avengers 4 (1993 reprint) CGC 9.6 (bottom right corner is cracked, sorry)  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #8  Shipped anywhere on my dime.  Broncho Bill #s 5,7,8 (western Good Girl Art covers)  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #9 Vigilante, Vol 2, 1-6. The best dancer in the Peacemaker show;)  Shipped anywhere.  Donated by skypinkblu 

Prize #10  Daredevil #160 that was formerly graded CGC 9.6 (it's been cracked out of the slab)...the label will be included with the book, and I'll ship anywhere.  Donated by silverseeker

Prize #11  a couple of Modern key spec books in mint condition.  Oblivion Song 1 with pink signature and Department of Truth first print  donated by KryptoMayor

Prize #12.  stack of classics--shipped anywhere fedex delivers.  Donated by Wipple

Prize 13.  All American Men of War 5-pack #86, 87, 88, 89, 90 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #14.  G. I. Combat 5-pack #122, 123, 125, 126, 128 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize 15.  Our Army At War 5-pack #170, 171, 172, 174, 175 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize 16.  Our Fighting Forces 5-pack #76, 77, 78, 80, 81 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #17.  Star Spangled War Stories 5-pack #138, 139, 140, 141, 142 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize 18.  Detective Comics 438, 439, 442, 443, 444 Willing to ship anywhere. Internationals, just point me in the right direction.  Donated by jas1vans

Prize #19  Marvel Infinity War #1-6 in VF condition. Shipped anywhere.  Donated by HighStakesComics

I choose:  Prize 13.  All American Men of War 5-pack #86, 87, 88, 89, 90 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

Here's what's left....

Donated by jas1vans

Prize #6   Shipped anywhere on my dime.   Star Wars (John Tyler Christopher covers, mostly exclusives) group of 9  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #8  Shipped anywhere on my dime.  Broncho Bill #s 5,7,8 (western Good Girl Art covers)  Donated by thirdgreenham

Prize #10  Daredevil #160 that was formerly graded CGC 9.6 (it's been cracked out of the slab)...the label will be included with the book, and I'll ship anywhere.  Donated by silverseeker

Prize 13.  All American Men of War 5-pack #86, 87, 88, 89, 90 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham

• Administrator

This is mentioned in the first post of this thread but, I'll copy it here so everyone knows how it works.

The first place winner will get first pick, second place winner will get second pick, and it will continue down the line for the ten finalists, until all prizes have been chosen.  If there are more than 10 prizes, the prize picking will start over with the first place winner making a second pick, and continue down the line again until all prizes have been chosen. 

I choose Prize #6

Donated by jas1vans

@Timmay you're up next

Big thanks @CGC Mike for running the contest.

:golfclap:

I will take prize #10

Donated by jas1vans

@jbpez you're up

Edited by Timmay

• Administrator

Donated by jas1vans

Prize #6   Shipped anywhere on my dime.   Star Wars (John Tyler Christopher covers, mostly exclusives) group of 9  Donated by thirdgreenham  Chosen by pastandpresentcomics

Prize #8  Shipped anywhere on my dime.  Broncho Bill #s 5,7,8 (western Good Girl Art covers)  Donated by thirdgreenham  Chosen by jbpez

Prize #10  Daredevil #160 that was formerly graded CGC 9.6 (it's been cracked out of the slab)...the label will be included with the book, and I'll ship anywhere.  Donated by silverseeker  Chosen by TIMMAY

Prize 13.  All American Men of War 5-pack #86, 87, 88, 89, 90 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham  Chosen by Motor City Rob

Prize 18.  Detective Comics 438, 439, 442, 443, 444 Willing to ship anywhere. Internationals, just point me in the right direction.  Donated by jas1vans  Chosen by HighStakesComics

On 2/21/2022 at 1:12 PM, CGC Mike said:

@jbpez you are up!

Donated by jas1vans

I will choose...#8. Thanks Andy!

@HighStakesComics is up next!

Thanks everyone who participated and donated to this event! And to @CGC MikeYour presence on the boards has been greatly appreciated!!

On 2/21/2022 at 8:01 PM, CGC Mike said:

I guess we will need to use a different method for the prize picking next time.   

Seems about on par for prize picking that I have seen.  Some are boom right there others are not. 😉

• Administrator

@Frederic9494 you are up

Donated by jas1vans

Prize 15.  Our Army At War 5-pack #170, 171, 172, 174, 175 Shipped anywhere in the world.  Donated by thirdgreenham  Chosen by Frederic9494

Prize 18.  Detective Comics 438, 439, 442, 443, 444 Willing to ship anywhere. Internationals, just point me in the right direction.  Donated by jas1vans  Chosen by HighStakesComics