• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd Annual Grading Contest Final Round (Results are In)
8 8

185 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, grendelbo said:

Congratulations @Funnybooks and @Croatbag.

@Cushing Fan I'll reach out to you about the 2nd place prize.

no wait, there are 2 prizes, so they should go to both Funnybooks and Croatbag. Your added prize of 25$ goes to either of the winners. They can't split a comic. If you need us to determine who gets the "second place" $25 prize, then we have to make a tie breaker.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:26 AM, William-James88 said:

no wait, there are 2 prizes, so they should go to both Funnybooks and Croatbag. Your added prize of 25$ goes to either of the winners. They can't split a comic. If you need us to determine who gets the "second place" $25 prize, then we have to make a tie breaker.

Sounds good.

You guys wanna make it interesting as to who gets the money?

On 1/23/2022 at 12:31 PM, grendelbo said:

Sounds good.

You guys wanna make it interesting as to who gets the money?

I leave it up to you @Croatbag and @Funnybooks. Do you want an extra grading question to see who get's the first place prize (comic from SNIPER) and second place prize (money)? Or do any of you have a preference?

On 1/23/2022 at 12:33 PM, William-James88 said:

I leave it up to you @Croatbag and @Funnybooks. Do you want an extra grading question to see who get's the first place prize (comic from SNIPER) and second place prize (money)? Or do any of you have a preference?

let the group decide?

I also feel that @Croatbag was more consistent and happy to concede due to this observation

On 1/23/2022 at 12:35 PM, Funnybooks said:

let the group decide?

I also feel that @Croatbag was more consistent and happy to concede due to this observation

its it tight, he WAS more consistent perhaps but you had more bullseyes!

And how do you have more negatives than me! (Gotta find a way to get some ME in there!)

On 1/23/2022 at 12:38 PM, Bird said:

its it tight, he WAS more consistent perhaps but you had more bullseyes!

And how do you have more negatives than me! (Gotta find a way to get some ME in there!)

when we get to the point where we discuss what book tripped us up the most, I think I can explain away the one negative...the other negative....

What Are You Doing Whatever GIF

This was my first contest, I like how I did. One negative, those are the ones to avoid. No bullseyes, so I just need to get a little tighter. I am a lone wolf flipper...I don't do shows and have no network to generate books so I need to know how to grade if I am up against others. So thank you for hosting this, it is much needed for me and very enlightening.

I was JoJo The Monkey Boy in round one, had to settle down and think a bit more about C&P.

You will fear me in the future!

On 1/23/2022 at 12:45 PM, Bird said:

This was my first contest, I like how I did. One negative, those are the ones to avoid. No bullseyes, so I just need to get a little tighter. I am a lone wolf flipper...I don't do shows and have no network to generate books so I need to know how to grade if I am up against others. So thank you for hosting this, it is much needed for me and very enlightening.

I was JoJo The Monkey Boy in round one, had to settle down and think a bit more about C&P.

You will fear me in the future!

as @Point Five noted earlier..this was a unique contest in that we had to project the grade after a C&P...from 2 pics with no further information..fun exercise but ultimately not truly a grading contest but more of a speculation contest. It was fun hanging with you guys

On 1/23/2022 at 12:33 PM, William-James88 said:

Do you have the grader notes for the spiderman annual?  Thanks again for the fun contest!