• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your go to JR JR key?
2 2

42 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 6:42 PM, Mercury Man said:

His 'style' definitely changed over the years, and not for the better.   I hate his rigatoni looking hair thing that he draws. 

100% agree with this. Never really was a fan of his work but at least his 80's stuff was tolerable. 

I’m with @MAR1979 I like his earlier stuff best, particularly the Iron Man run. He began with 114; Layton joined him on 116 and the rest is history. I’ve got a page from one the early issues, with his uninked pencils on back (Tony Stark head). I’ll dig it out and pop it in here later.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:09 PM, Spidey 62 said:

Yep....probably my fav Spiderman cover ever. 239 isn't too shabby either.  His style definitely evolved (and in my opinion, not for the better) over the years,  but that is why they make so many different flavors of ice cream. 

Agree. Kind of like Frank Miller. I love late 70s era and early to mid 80s era Miller. Then Dark Knight and Sin City happened and while I can appreciate the stories there more, the art is jarring and hard to enjoy for me personally 

I just can't stand his art. I mean I have his books because I'm an X-Men fan, but I certainly don't like it. I've got it in other places too, but those are the only books I can distinctly point out. 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I assume one is referring to that crud Moon Knight cover :popcorn:

Hobgoblin 

Kind of looks like a Moon Knight rehash,  doesnt it.

Edited by oakman29

Romita Jnr is awesome. I agree not all his recent work is great, I wasn’t a massive fan of his run with DC, but his 90s work is one of the things that drew me in to Marvel comics. I love his rendition of Venom for example. 

In the ‘back from cgc thread’ there is a recent post of his ASM new way to die covers, I just love that style of Spidey.

Sadly, I read JR JR books mostly before Liefield overtook then I quit indefinitely.  I always thought JR JR did his drawings for the fashion and hairdo businesses before Liefield was doing for the modeling business.  They made sissies out of them with NO masculine.