• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cbcs to cgc

16 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 8:58 PM, Raymond coffey said:

I have a yellow label cbcs Merc with a mouth 7 3rd print and I would love to have it a yellow cgc. Is it possible to keep the yellow label status

No

As of this moment, CGC only verifies signatures that one of their witness see. It's a harsh stance that many disagree with but they have done this forever. If you send to CGC you will either get a green label (noting the autograph on the cover as a "name" written on the cover) or you could get a blue label but they would dock you for the writing. Most people prefer the green in these cases, especially if docking the book knocks it down more than a full grade. 

No.

A CBCS yellow label and a CGC yellow label are very different things.

A CBCS yellow label means that somebody at CBCS thinks a signature is authentic.  

A yellow CGC label means that witnesses from CGC actually watched the comic being signed by the person. CGC offers a significantly higher level of certainty that the signature is authentic. So a CGC yellow label is not at all the same as a CBCS yellow label.

Edited by SOTIcollector

On 1/28/2022 at 9:27 AM, SOTIcollector said:

No.

A CBCS yellow label and a CGC yellow label are very different things.

A CBCS yellow label means that somebody at CBCS thinks a signature is authentic.  

A yellow CGC label means that witnesses from CGC actually watched the comic being signed by the person. CGC offers a significantly higher level of certainty that the signature is authentic. So a CGC yellow label is not at all the same as a CBCS yellow label.

I thought they offer both witnessed and authentication services

On 1/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, csaag said:

I thought they offer both witnessed and authentication services

CGC does not. 

Only CBCS offers both services with verification provided by Beckett Authentication Services, a company who has been doing this a very long time.

Side note:  I recently saw a thread mentioning CBCS get removed.  I thought it was disallowed.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:03 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Side note:  I recently saw a thread mentioning CBCS get removed.  I thought it was disallowed.

I was going to say that these days there's really no rhyme or reason to it, but after thinking about it some more, I think it's more dependent on whether or not they are being promoted. Simply mentioning them appears to be ok.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:19 AM, Gaard said:

I was going to say that these days there's really no rhyme or reason to it, but after thinking about it some more, I think it's more dependent on whether or not they are being promoted. Simply mentioning them appears to be ok.

That's right, you can't link to a competitor site but you can talk about them.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:28 PM, William-James88 said:

That's right, you can't link to a competitor site but you can talk about them.

I'm sure that guy who said he was leaving CGC to go to CBCS would beg to differ.  That's the one that got removed.  No links.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:39 AM, Raymond coffey said:

Thank you all that was a deciding factor in purchasing a cbcs over a cgc I just can’t do it. I’m sorry cgc that ever crossed my mind love you all!!!! Y’all are the best!!!!!

That's quite a devotion you have to a company you aren't even sure what services they provide.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:16 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I'm sure that guy who said he was leaving CGC to go to CBCS would beg to differ.  That's the one that got removed.  No links.

He was promoting the competition, which is against the chat boards' TOS. Mentioning "CBCS" has not been against the rules for at least 5 years.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:18 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

He was promoting the competition, which is against the chat boards' TOS. Mentioning "CBCS" has not been against the rules for at least 5 years.

Just pointing out it's not as simple as "no links, but you can talk about them".

Anyway, surprised it isn't promotion when telling OP you can have sigs verified there but not at CGC.