• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you find things you didn't know were missing....

13 posts in this topic

I've moved three times in about five years and have books scattererd in three locations right now, so while I know some of my books aren't where they are supposed to be, I'm confident they are around somewhere. 

I've been working on my Hot Wheels for two days and in doing so, I noticed a box that had a few of the white boxes mycomicshop uses to ship CGC books.  Yesterday, I slid the box out of the way but this morning I picked it up to move and it was heavier than I thought it should be.  The first three boxes were empty, but the fourth had a 6.0 Hulk 180 in it and the seventh box had a 9.6 New Mutants 1.  Two more empty boxes and the box on the bottom had a 9.4 Wolverine Mini #1.  I've no idea how they ended up in these boxes as none of them were bought from MCS.  I've got quite a few of these boxes in different places, I suppose now I have to check each of them. 

My work is never done........

On 1/28/2022 at 1:34 PM, shadroch said:

the fourth had a 6.0 Hulk 180 in it and the seventh box had a 9.6 New Mutants 1.  Two more empty boxes and the box on the bottom had a 9.4 Wolverine Mini #1. 

Pics?  :wishluck:

For years I thought I misplaced a copy of Tales to Astonish 101. It was driving me crazy. Then I found it in another box :tonofbricks:

Marvel_Super-Heroes_Vol_1_55.jpg.66da6036bb52160a587db0713bbea107.jpg

On 1/28/2022 at 1:34 PM, shadroch said:

and the seventh box had a 9.6 New Mutants 1. 

I've got a New Mutants #1 I can't find.  I went thru all my boxes multiple times to no avail.  I wonder if I accidently included in some Ebay sale of groups of comics I've sold.

Or maybe I was at your house.......

As much stuff as I have, I know exactly where everything is. I am very organized. But sometimes moving stuff to get to other stuff is s bit of a hassle.

Hot Wheels, ha ha. I have never collected them but in my travels, found tons of them. Mostly red lines. They are immediately sold and the profits rolled into other things.

My younger daughter and her husband are into vintage muscle cars. They have 3 or 4 of them.

She started collecting Hot Wheels contemporary ones about a year or so ago. I found myself checking the racks at the grocery store, Target, Walmart ect when I’m in there. I buy the muscle cars for her. Then she told me about the “Treasure Hunt” ones. A few times I have been lucky when somebody was filling the racks. Got a few of the ID cars and a couple “Super Treasure Hunts”.

Like being the first one on a box of vintage flea market comics. First one there cleans the box.

Bumped into some of these rabid Hot Wheels guys at the racks. Like “Dollar Box” guys. Amazing how dedicated some are for something worth so little.

Contacts are everything. I got friendly with the manager of a local grocery store. He texts me when they get a new shipment and let’s me go through the new boxes before they go on the rack. :devil:

For years, I'd just pick up any and all older Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Johnny Lightning cars I'd find at garage sales and such. Eventually I had over 5,000 but got it down to about 1,000. I'm pruning it down so I'll end up with just the 1965-71 sweet spot and only to cars I either had or wanted and never got. Examples of the latter were the Matchbox #44 Rolls Royce that was discontinued in 1967/68 and the Silver Boss Hoss mailaway from the Hot Wheels intial run. 

Edited by shadroch

On 1/28/2022 at 11:52 AM, csaag said:

I've got a New Mutants #1 I can't find.  .

I got rid of all my Conans except 1-24 about 25 years ago.

I haven't seen 1-24 in about 15 years - I probably filled up a box with them, and didn't record which box.

As I discover stuff in the boxes, now I have a four pages of maps that I record them on, so that I find which titles are where.

I misplaced a copy of Peter Parker the Spectacular Spiderman #27 about 7 years ago and have no clue why I never stuffed it into one of my short boxes, I vaguely remember placing it inside a stack of hard cover books (for whatever reason) but I’ve put those back on the shelves ages ago and still nothing

image.gif.d527e700c7880e6ea0ba4592304f47ec.gif

poof

I did this once, back in high school. I hosted a swap meet and couldn’t locate about a half dozen books for some time after. I had completely forgotten I had plopped them on top of a tall wardrobe at some point during the gathering. But for that period of time, I had no clue where they were. It was a stack of about 5-7 books; I don’t recall all of them but it included Avengers 4 and 100 and one of my Iron Man #1’s.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:47 PM, B2D327 said:

I misplaced a copy of Peter Parker the Spectacular Spiderman #27 about 7 years ago and have no clue why I never stuffed it into one of my short boxes, I vaguely remember placing it inside a stack of hard cover books (for whatever reason) but I’ve put those back on the shelves ages ago and still nothing

image.gif.d527e700c7880e6ea0ba4592304f47ec.gif

poof

Did the same thing with a copy of HFH  1.  I vaguely remember putting it inside  some kind of hardcover book, but I’ve yet to come up with it.   It’s probably buried deep inside my storage unit.