• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 1
13 13

280 posts in this topic

wow I was following over street grading standards I do recall when CGC started CGC used Overstreet over the years somehow grading has changed over the years. are those red label cgc s higher grades now ?   things have certainly changed when. a book with a minor fold is considered a 9.4 in the old days this would not be a 9.4. 

On 2/9/2022 at 11:50 AM, Harold Lee Sosa said:

wow I was following over street grading standards I do recall when CGC started CGC used Overstreet over the years somehow grading has changed over the years. are those red label cgc s higher grades now ?   things have certainly changed when. a book with a minor fold is considered a 9.4 in the old days this would not be a 9.4. 

I did the same thing.  Hoping that my 'adjustments' for round 2 yield better results :)

• Administrator
On 2/9/2022 at 1:01 PM, 3lewsers said:

has round 2 started yet? i haven't received a PM.

Round 2 started Sunday.  I don't send out PM's for each round.  This is stated in the original PM I sent you.  Please follow the thread to see when the other rounds will begin and end.  Here's a link to round 2.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, thirdgreenham said:

I think we may lose half of the contestants again after this round..... :headbang:   

Oops, I mean :(

Read, people, READ!

On 2/10/2022 at 8:09 PM, Vince G said:

For round two, I did just that... and faired much better.  

I busted out overstreet for the first time for the contest...would have been better off sticking to what I have learned here on the boards, my only grading experience so far. But I still have no clue how to grade some of these flaws, so I am glad to learn. You can only learn by committing to a grade like in this contest. Thanks cgc and mike!

now...I want grader notes!!!! :sumo: