• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this normal?

10 posts in this topic

I am completely new to CGC but I have done a lot of research. Last year I sent in 2 modern books to me pressed and graded. As of typing this my books have been at CCS since 8/13/21 (received and accounted for). I seem to recall the turn around times when they were received were 120 for CCS and 85 for CGC. As stated, I am new to this world, but is it normal for books to still be at the pressers 5-6 months later even though the turn around should have been less than that?  I don't know if this matters but one of my comics was almost very clean and the other was in really good shape (ie didn't need a lot of work or repairs). I understand times are busy and I am just curious if this is normal. 

Has it been 120 business days since your book got to ccs?

im not sure but I don’t think we’re too far past it if we are

On 2/1/2022 at 6:34 PM, revat said:

Has it been 120 business days since your book got to ccs?

im not sure but I don’t think we’re too far past it if we are

Just quick counted, don’t think it’s been 120 business days yet

On 2/1/2022 at 2:28 PM, wolfbm said:

I am completely new to CGC but I have done a lot of research. Last year I sent in 2 modern books to me pressed and graded. As of typing this my books have been at CCS since 8/13/21 (received and accounted for). I seem to recall the turn around times when they were received were 120 for CCS and 85 for CGC. As stated, I am new to this world, but is it normal for books to still be at the pressers 5-6 months later even though the turn around should have been less than that?  I don't know if this matters but one of my comics was almost very clean and the other was in really good shape (ie didn't need a lot of work or repairs). I understand times are busy and I am just curious if this is normal. 

Turn around time is 120 business days, that is 6 months, so yeah.

You can call or email for updates. They are generally pretty responsive. 

Between pressing (third party) and grading, I have a stack of books that have been gone for an entire year already and I'm not holding my breath to get them back any time soon. End of March is my hope. 

On 2/1/2022 at 2:28 PM, wolfbm said:

I've been waiting 12 months to get 20 books back, that's including clean/press and submission to CGC. The process is moving quite slowly these days. Hang in there, they'll get back to you... eventually.

Edited by Extrovert