• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX on notating pressing on the label.....

210 posts in this topic

I KNEW you would jump at that! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Of course he did, as FFB must earn his hefty CGC retainer, and thus ensure that no one on here realizes that many comics are pressed by non-pros. Yes, non-pros do press books using standard book and paper presses.

GASP!! Oh no, I've let the cat out the bag, and now FFB will have to insult me more. foreheadslap.gif

Of course he did, as FFB must earn his hefty CGC retainer,

You do not honestly believe Scott is on a CGC rertainer, do you?

No, he's just signaling that he doesn't have anything of substance to add to the discussion. confused-smiley-013.gif

No, he's just signaling that he doesn't have anything of substance to add to the discussion. confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Have you got a point? or is today "Passive/Aggressive Monday" again?

check the inside of the staples, see if they match an older comic with the same sort of age, no extra hard indentation on the inside.

Herc I noticed you mentioned little indentations on pages from staples. Those are caused by oxidation and are a natural occurrence in comics and takes years to occur.

Playing catch-up on posts from the past week, and while I normally refrain from commenting on threads that have essentially gone dormant, I do have one glaring question about Newt's "lesson" above on staple indents.

Oxidation? Oxidation causes indents? Can someone please tell me how that's possible? I can see staining of the paper being caused by oxidation, but indents? WTF?

confused.gif

Alan