• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone else collect every appearances of a character?

7 posts in this topic

I have the vast majority of all comics involving Scott Lang / Ant-man (even if it’s just a small cameo). I’m also working on having a complete collection of Swamp Thing and Man-Thing comic books (again, not just the main issues, but all the books in which they appeared)

Does anyone else do that?

I think @kav has done it with Woodgod appearances.

I started down that road with the Defenders, but the later iterations turned me off. I may or may not be complete on the ones concurrent with the original bronze run. (Which, by the way, is a ton of fun with lots of variation but few weak spots. Always weird and interesting.)

On 2/3/2022 at 10:45 PM, Beney117 said:

I have the vast majority of all comics involving Scott Lang / Ant-man (even if it’s just a small cameo). I’m also working on having a complete collection of Swamp Thing and Man-Thing comic books (again, not just the main issues, but all the books in which they appeared)

Does anyone else do that?

I'm working on Elric and Man-thing. My Man-Thing appearance list is up to 166 (including magazines). It seems I find more every time I look. Elric covers several publishers, so it is a learning experience.I'm recently back from a 30 year hiatus from the hobby, so I'm having fun hunting all this old paper in a digital age. I made this printed tile a couple of decades ago with my bro and he gave it back to me recently. Now it's a trivet on my table!

2022-04-11 18.24.33.jpg