• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet Another eBay Issue…

37 posts in this topic

Went to eBay after awhile (Sept) to list a number of CGC graded comics and found out my account was permanently suspended. Not appealable apparently. Don’t know what I did for the suspension. I did have an issue with a returned item that the buyer claimed was color touched but promptly paid the buyer back after receiving the comic back. Are there any options available to be able to sell on the site?

Jim

eBay is terrible, but there is always some sort of trail that would lead to such a thing 

You sure there aren't a bunch of emails in your spam folder or something?

eBay isn't known to suspend accounts for no good reason

Well I just got a real human from eBay on the phone. She said I’m permanently banned from eBay and she couldn’t tell me why. And if I tried to make another account they could detect it and would ban it. Unbelievable. I’ve been selling on the site for over 20 years without an issue,

Jim

On 2/7/2022 at 4:14 PM, The Meta said:

Yeah, doesn't add up

Also have no idea why you'd post this here

Maybe I’m asking for opinions on how to solve this, Have a lot of people I’ve talked to for over 20 years here on this Forum with a hell of a lot of experience. Who made you a decider on what is posted here or not?

Jim

On 2/7/2022 at 4:04 PM, awe4one said:

Maybe I’m asking for opinions on how to solve this, Have a lot of people I’ve talked to for over 20 years here on this Forum with a hell of a lot of experience. Who made you a decider on what is posted here or not?

Jim

In no way am I suggesting how someone posts, I literally had no idea why you were posting this here until you said you were looking for opinions 

My opinion is to keep calling eBay till someone tells you why your account is banned

Now I'm wondering why I should bother

Also, tagging your 20 years worth of friends will get you farther, faster

Edited by The Meta
Clarification

On 2/7/2022 at 5:04 PM, awe4one said:

Jim

I'd see if I could get in touch with eBay IT security team and tell them you think you were hacked. See if they can check whether you had unusual IP activity prior to the account being locked.  (Don't use the word "banned", just say "locked" because you've been there 20 years and you can't get in.)

Edited by valiantman

On 2/7/2022 at 4:11 PM, awe4one said:

Well I just got a real human from eBay on the phone. She said I’m permanently banned from eBay and she couldn’t tell me why. And if I tried to make another account they could detect it and would ban it. Unbelievable. I’ve been selling on the site for over 20 years without an issue,

Jim

I would think if a service representative couldn't tell you why you were banned, then they should reinstate you or at least do some investigating...but that would make sense and imply that eBay cares about its users.

On 2/7/2022 at 3:11 PM, awe4one said:

Jim

Ask to talk to someone at a higher level of support.   Someone should be able to dig into this and tell you why you've been banned and reverse it if it's a mistake.

I am seeing a bunch of high feedback accounts lately posting fake listings, so someone is definitely hacking accounts. There's some person posting an EOSV2 Land 9.8 like 2-3 times a day on a new account. Lately most have been on 1000+ feedback accounts. Does your account have any feedback from items you didn't list?