• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet Another eBay Issue…

37 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, awe4one said:

Well I just got a real human from eBay on the phone. She said I’m permanently banned from eBay and she couldn’t tell me why. And if I tried to make another account they could detect it and would ban it. Unbelievable. I’ve been selling on the site for over 20 years without an issue,

Jim

Hey Jim,

Sorry about this and sorry about all the people that don't know your history of awesomeness here.

I found an EBay chat from last year where the exact thing happened to a PowerSeller.  Here is an excerpt of what he was sent.

Your eBay account has been permanently suspended because we noticed activity that we believe is a risk to our community.

This means the following:
- You can’t buy or sell on eBay any longer. Any other accounts that you own or that are associated with this account have also been suspended. 
- Outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven’t previously disputed will be charged to the payment method we have on file. 

The safety of our community is a top priority for us, so our decision to permanently suspend your account is final and can’t be appealed. 

If you have any concerns or questions regarding this matter, select Help & Contact at the top of most eBay pages.

We removed the following listings:

It ended up being a situation where he and his partner had another account and the partner quit paying EBay its fees properly. So they permabanned all his accounts.

Here is a link:   https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-keeps-banning-my-accounts-and-will-not-explain-why/td-p/31737232/page/2

I didn't read the whole thing. There might be more helpful stuff in the thread.

--Sean.

On 2/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, awe4one said:

Went to eBay after awhile (Sept) to list a number of CGC graded comics and found out my account was permanently suspended. Not appealable apparently. Don’t know what I did for the suspension. I did have an issue with a returned item that the buyer claimed was color touched but promptly paid the buyer back after receiving the comic back. Are there any options available to be able to sell on the site?

Jim

I would call eBay, and discuss the situation...it can be be hard to get thru, usually they will call you back.....call them like 8:05 in the am....the earlier the better.....they will tell you exactly what happened.....ask to speak to an English speaking supervisor.....

On 2/7/2022 at 3:25 PM, The Meta said:

eBay is terrible, but there is always some sort of trail that would lead to such a thing 

You sure there aren't a bunch of emails in your spam folder or something?

eBay isn't known to suspend accounts for no good reason

Agreed...while eBay can at times be difficult to deal with, I have found that dotting all the I's and crossing all the t's is a must.....call early in the day, always ask for an English speaking supervisor.....they don't just suspend accounts for nothing.....best of luck....

On 2/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, awe4one said:

Well I just got a real human from eBay on the phone. She said I’m permanently banned from eBay and she couldn’t tell me why. And if I tried to make another account they could detect it and would ban it. Unbelievable. I’ve been selling on the site for over 20 years without an issue,

Jim

Something is amiss here......call back, and keep asking for a supervisor...they WILL tell you...... unfortunately you have to be persistent.....

On 2/8/2022 at 10:23 AM, seanfingh said:

Hey Jim,

Sorry about this and sorry about all the people that don't know your history of awesomeness here.

I found an EBay chat from last year where the exact thing happened to a PowerSeller.  Here is an excerpt of what he was sent.

Your eBay account has been permanently suspended because we noticed activity that we believe is a risk to our community.

This means the following:
- You can’t buy or sell on eBay any longer. Any other accounts that you own or that are associated with this account have also been suspended. 
- Outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven’t previously disputed will be charged to the payment method we have on file. 

The safety of our community is a top priority for us, so our decision to permanently suspend your account is final and can’t be appealed. 

If you have any concerns or questions regarding this matter, select Help & Contact at the top of most eBay pages.

We removed the following listings:

It ended up being a situation where he and his partner had another account and the partner quit paying EBay its fees properly. So they permabanned all his accounts.

Here is a link:   https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-keeps-banning-my-accounts-and-will-not-explain-why/td-p/31737232/page/2

I didn't read the whole thing. There might be more helpful stuff in the thread.

--Sean.

I got this exact verbiage in the banned e-mail. I’m not affiliated with anyone though so don’t see the issue. And all my account were fully paid.

Jim

Didn't you have an earlier thread from 2020 regarding a PayPal/eBay issue regarding a phantom item that was never received and a request for a refund? There could be a pattern that you don't see.

@awe4one Did you get this resolved?  Seller awe4one showed up with some books on my search results.  Although the account was created in 2018 and shows only one feedback from more than a year ago so a 0% rating at this point.  The About page for the account says this - "My husband and I love to collect and sell comics. We have been into comic book collecting since our childhood. While traveling all over the world, my husband started collecting professionally. At our age, we are ready to down size our collecttion."

On 2/9/2022 at 7:38 AM, telerites said:

@awe4one Did you get this resolved?  Seller awe4one showed up with some books on my search results.  Although the account was created in 2018 and shows only one feedback from more than a year ago so a 0% rating at this point.  The About page for the account says this - "My husband and I love to collect and sell comics. We have been into comic book collecting since our childhood. While traveling all over the world, my husband started collecting professionally. At our age, we are ready to down size our collecttion."

No. I couldn’t get a reason from eBay why I was banned. So my wife, who has an eBay account redid hers and I’m selling there. Still looking in to why my original account was banned.

Jim

On 2/9/2022 at 12:39 PM, awe4one said:

No. I couldn’t get a reason from eBay why I was banned. So my wife, who has an eBay account redid hers and I’m selling there. Still looking in to why my original account was banned.

Jim

Thanks, Jim.  I saw the Patsy Walkers show up in my automated searches and when I saw the user ID, I thought maybe Ebay reset your account.  Sorry  for your dilemma and hope you can get it worked out.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:39 PM, awe4one said:

Jim

More than likely, your original account was hacked and used to list items that were reported. This results in the account being shut down by eBay when multiple listings have been reported. Those that tend to report items are longtime users that recognize scam listings immediately in an effort to nip a problem seller in the bud. High feedback sellers tend to slip by long enough for a scammer to cash in on bogus sales due to the reputation/history of the hacked account making them more appealing than a 0- low feedback or new account to scammers looking to take advantage of buyers. I pointed this out to another boardie in a different thread but it’s been going on for a few years. They may have gotten your account info through a spoof email so be mindful of e-mail links or pages asking for log in info. The legit sites will have a padlock in the address bar. 

Edited by B2D327

On 2/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, B2D327 said:

More than likely, your original account was hacked and used to list items that were reported. This results in the account being shut down by eBay when multiple listings have been reported. Those that tend to report items are longtime users that recognize scam listings immediately in an effort to nip a problem seller in the bud. High feedback sellers tend to slip by long enough for a scammer to cash in on bogus sales due to the reputation/history of the hacked account making them more appealing than a 0- low feedback or new account to scammers looking to take advantage of buyers. I pointed this out to another boardie in a different thread but it’s been going on for a few years. They may have gotten your account info through a spoof email so be mindful of e-mail links or pages asking for log in info. The legit sites will have a padlock in the address bar. 

This is my conclusion as well