• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any chance this DD 1 and Avengers 1 are 1.0 not .5?
3 3

12 posts in this topic

The gut says .5, but I have to say, I had an FF #5 in practically identical condition to the DD1 shown here, cover split and detached, plenty of wear around the edges of the covers. I sold it, the buyer sent it off, it came back 1.0. And the cover wasn't even as nice as the DD 1! So, I'd say I'd personally call it a .5, but 1.0 could still be possible for the DD1, at least once upon a time. As for the Avengers 1, man, that's tough, but it seems like a .5 to me for sure. Just too much material missing.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:31 PM, F For Fake said:

The gut says .5, but I have to say, I had an FF #5 in practically identical condition to the DD1 shown here, cover split and detached, plenty of wear around the edges of the covers. I sold it, the buyer sent it off, it came back 1.0. And the cover wasn't even as nice as the DD 1! So, I'd say I'd personally call it a .5, but 1.0 could still be possible for the DD1, at least once upon a time. As for the Avengers 1, man, that's tough, but it seems like a .5 to me for sure. Just too much material missing.

+1

On 2/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, 1950's war comics said:

even at 0.5 it worth putting these in a CGC slab to keep them intact and present better

0.5 for me but no way I would slab these, nice readably key books what you are not scared to damage, mylar all day, take out and read once in a while :makepoint: