• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 315 help
3 3

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I’m selling some comics on EBay and I want to be sure I’m not being too generous with my grading. To me, it looks fantastic, but what do the resident experts think? I have an awful lot of comics in similar shape. They were bought many years ago, never read, bagged and stored until about a week ago. 

F7A61A83-FA37-4FFF-B7CA-220EC6992689.jpeg

AE77C24B-3F02-45D2-B275-303DD2676A31.jpeg

A1DA02FA-A5B6-4458-B8E3-0D0EF99A6383.jpeg

On 2/8/2022 at 11:31 AM, GMcGurty said:

I want to be sure I’m not being too generous with my grading.

Your question would be less ambiguous if you replaced the term "too generous" with either "too critical/strict" or "too lenient/loose."  Are you worried that you're assigning your books grades that are too low or too high?

Edited by zzutak
Fixed Typo

Gotcha.  If this eBay listing is yours, then, yeah, I think your concern is well founded.  I personally would not assign this book a grade of NM- (or any grade that begins with a 9 for that matter).  Just compare it to the last CGC 9.2 you sold.  Do you really think both books look equally unblemished?  (shrug)

You've already sold a bunch of books, and your recent seller feedback is solid.  (thumbsu  Your customers must be satisfied with your descriptions, and that counts for a lot more than any opinion I could offer. :foryou:

On 2/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Unless Spider-man made a crossover appearance in Batman #315 you've loaded pictures of different books in the one thread :)

Oh cool I was gonna say married pages…