• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this above a CGC 5?

13 posts in this topic

Someone gifted me this and told me its worth grading which I don't believe as I think this is around a CGC 5.0...Any opinions would be much appreciated. Im also trying to learn how to grade approximately so tips are very welcome.1299157419_Punisher1Front.thumb.jpg.871f1be890dbd19080bd84ced6b6c7eb.jpg

Punisher #1 Back.jpg

Edited by FlyJ
missing pics

On 2/9/2022 at 11:59 AM, 18-22 said:

this is the best place to ask for grades.

BUT I do think this will likely get higher than a CGC 5.0, though I believe that is a possible grade.

BUT the question of IF something is worth grading .... for a common (relatively recent) comic like this look up some ebay sold listings to get a price range and see what grade you personally would need to comfortably cover all costs and get the right profit margins FOR YOU, everyone is different.  

On 2/9/2022 at 2:35 PM, FlyJ said:

Someone gifted me this and told me its worth grading which I don't believe as I think this is around a CGC 5.0...Any opinions would be much appreciated. Im also trying to learn how to grade approximately so tips are very welcome.1299157419_Punisher1Front.thumb.jpg.871f1be890dbd19080bd84ced6b6c7eb.jpg

Punisher #1 Back.jpg

Nothing is worth grading if you don't plan on selling. Grading is expensive and takes forever, plus CGC can lose your book or send you someone else's worse copy by mistake, which has happened and continues to happen.

No point in spending more on a gift. 

Edited by William-James88

On 2/9/2022 at 3:43 PM, William-James88 said:
On 2/9/2022 at 11:35 AM, FlyJ said:

Punisher #1 Back.jpg

Expand  

Nothing is worth grading if you don't plan on selling. Grading is expensive and takes forever, plus CGC can lose your book or send you someone else's worse copy by mistake, which has happened and continues to happen.

No point in spending more on a gift. 

Haha if there's a chance this copy accidentally gets traded for a better copy, i say send it it in!

Without any hidden defects, it would get more than a 5.0, but MCS currently is selling a book they grade a 7.5 for $45.  It wouldn't be prudent to spend $60-70 and wait nine months to get a book back that won't recoup your grading fees, but it does seem like thats what the kool kids are all doing these days.

@theCapraAegagrus I don't get some of this hilarious humor you possess, are you saying its well below a 5? or that it is more ? ...essentially I just wanted to know what people thought it was graded at , not necessarily to get graded and sell but just to learn. al feedback (that makes sense) its greatly appreciated.

On 2/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, FlyJ said:

@theCapraAegagrus I don't get some of this hilarious humor you possess, are you saying its well below a 5? or that it is more ? ...essentially I just wanted to know what people thought it was graded at , not necessarily to get graded and sell but just to learn. al feedback (that makes sense) its greatly appreciated.

Few do. :devil:

If something were to be under-graded, then that means it is better than suggested. If something were to be over-graded, then that would mean it's worse than suggested.

On 2/10/2022 at 12:17 PM, FlyJ said:

@theCapraAegagrusnow that we have clarified this humor mystery and I have comprehended the terminology regrading over and under grading ...what grade do you think this is ? 

2 pictures isn't a lot to go off of, but a 6.5 or 7.0 is possible.

As was mentioned above, using the PGM sub-forum would be more appropriate.