• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Ironman 2
3 3

28 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2022 at 2:59 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

I had a miscut just like this slabbed .....and of course I thought it was in great shape and it came back a 7.5 it was Iron Man # 3.....I guess this just happened back then but I truly believe without the miscut it would have been at least a 8.0   The first thing they do when grading is pullout your comic from the bag and board and take in there first impression. They get a overview look at the appearance of your comic to determine # 1  Is it high grade...is it low grade ect.....I believe when they see these large overcuts it affects there general impression of the book.....then your fighting an uphill battle as they pass around your book for review.  What do I know ...I'm just a Newbie.    8.0

I have seen many books with Mis-wraps like this go 9.4 or higher. The graders will not jump to any conclusions based on the wrap, especially books from 1968/69 as those years were horrible for QC. 

9.0 seems about right. 

Edited by joeypost

So, just for those interested, I bought the book and will submit it myself. 
gonna be interesting to see the final analysis. :popcorn: 

I’ll fast track it, but we are still likely 4+ months away from the results. 
-Andy