• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's WONDER TWINS directed by Adam Sztykiel (TBD)
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Warner Bros. is activating the power of the Wonder Twins.

The Burbank-based studio has hired Adam Sztykiel, who worked on the upcoming Black Adam, to write and direct an original live-action feature for HBO Max based on the DC characters.

Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of Temple Hill — the prolific banner whose credits range from The Twilight Saga and The Maze Runner to Fault In Our Stars and Love, Simon — will produce the project, which will be titled Wonder Twins.

Plotline for the project are being kept in the Hall of Justice.

Sztykiel, an established big studio scribe, has a long history with the studio, having worked on movie comedies Due Date, Project X, Spy Guys, We’re the Millers and the Dwayne Johnson monster movie, Rampage, as well as serving as a writer and producer on Scoob! for Warner Animation Group.

He reteamed with Johnson for Black Adam, one of Warners’ big DC tentpoles that is being released theatrically July 29.

Edited by Bosco685

On 2/14/2022 at 7:17 PM, apollobuzz said:

and Wonder Dog!  :sumo:

With his own spin off origin movie, teaming up with Scooby ^^

In-the-know People: Release content other than Batman!

WB: Doom Patrol, Lucifer, Aquaman, Shazam, Joker, Stargirl, Zack Snyder's Justice League, Harley Quinn TAS, Pennyworth, Superman & Lois, Titans, Young Justice, Peacemaker.

In-the-know People: None of that as those won't work anyway. Plus you released BOP and The Suicide Squad. What a joke!

WB: How about Batgirl, Zatanna, Black Adam, The Flash, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Shazam and the Fury of the Gods and for the kids DC League of Super-Pets? And yes, a young The Batman. And here's a zinger like Peacemaker - Wonder Twins!

In-the-know People: Batman again? You guys are clueless! Plus you did all those CW shows nobody watches.

{Wash, Rinse, Repeat}

WB may suck with DC property treatment. And it does. But despite itself it is pushing out so much content there are plenty of pieces that are working. Just not like the MCU connected style. And that is okay.

I have a feeling this is going to be a comedy.

Sztykiel, an established big-studio scribe, has a long history with the Warner Bros., having worked on movie comedies Due Date, Project X, Spy Guys, We’re the Millers and the Dwayne Johnson monster movie Rampage, as well as serving as a writer and producer on Scoob! for Warner Animation Group.

He reteamed with Johnson for Black Adam, one of Warners’ big DC tentpoles that is being released theatrically July 29.

I have a feeling I'll skip this one. Could not care less about the Wonder Twins. Too far before my time to care. 

On 2/15/2022 at 3:48 AM, Bosco685 said:

In-the-know People: Release content other than Batman!

WB: Doom Patrol, Lucifer, Aquaman, Shazam, Joker, Stargirl, Zack Snyder's Justice League, Harley Quinn TAS, Pennyworth, Superman & Lois, Titans, Young Justice, Peacemaker.

In-the-know People: None of that as those won't work anyway. Plus you released BOP and The Suicide Squad. What a joke!

WB: How about Batgirl, Zatanna, Black Adam, The Flash, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Shazam and the Fury of the Gods and for the kids DC League of Super-Pets? And yes, a young The Batman. And here's a zinger like Peacemaker - Wonder Twins!

In-the-know People: Batman again? You guys are clueless! Plus you did all those CW shows nobody watches.

{Wash, Rinse, Repeat}

WB may suck with DC property treatment. And it does. But despite itself it is pushing out so much content there are plenty of pieces that are working. Just not like the MCU connected style. And that is okay.

WB: We've got a cool slate of movies planned! How about Justice League Part 2, New Gods, Green Lantern Corps, The Trench, Deathstroke, and Gotham City Sirens.

WB: Sike! JK!

Edited by Gatsby77

On 2/15/2022 at 7:16 AM, Gatsby77 said:

WB: We've got a cool slate of movies planned! How about Justice League Part 2, New Gods, Green Lantern Corps, The Trench, Deathstroke, and Gotham City Sirens.

WB: Sike! JK!

It has definitely done that.

Meanwhile, people demanding to do more than Batman, then complain which characters get selected need to make up their minds.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:41 AM, shadroch said:

...what is wrong with a movie being geared to a younger audience?

If it doesn't cater to me, then I hate it.

Not really, but I'm sure that there are people out there with that mentality. I don't watch movies for kids, because I don't have kids. There is plenty of stuff out there 'for kids', though, that I do enjoy (most comic books themselves, for example).

I'm not very familiar with the Wonder Twins, but what is wrong with a movie being geared to a younger audience?  Movies like Spy Kids and Shark Boy seem to have done well at the box office while appealing to younger fans. 

They had a role in the late 70s/early 80s Saturday morning Super Friends cartoon and comic books. Good times.

I'm not very familiar with the Wonder Twins, but what is wrong with a movie being geared to a younger audience?  Movies like Spy Kids and Shark Boy seem to have done well at the box office while appealing to younger fans. 

I think that is part of the fandom perception with comic book properties going forward. Everything must be for the general audience, but it must be geared toward adults.

Teen Titans GO! became a big TV hit because they took serious comic book characters and converted them over to an anime look and feel. Yet with comedy throughout so kids and adults could appreciate it. Yet the show is really intended for the younger audience. Not everything is going to be PG-13 or R-Rated content. Kind of like DC League of Super-Pets. And that is okay.