• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to secure eBay auction payment from an International buyer? HELP!

10 posts in this topic

I posted this on the General board, but thought maybe this forum might help as well...

An eBay buyer from Belgium won several of my auctions that closed last night. He had used the BIN option on a couple of auctions earlier in the week and had emailed me to ask if I would accept an International Bank Transfer for payment. I emailed him back and said I would only accept the bank transfer if it was done through Paypal. So then last night after all the auctions closed I sent him an invoice and got this reponse:

"Hello,

As I?ve possibly already said to you in a previous mail, I?ve reached my maximum amount at paypal for october. The only thing I can do is wait for my VISA listing at the end of the month where I will find a code which will give me the possibility to grow my expenses with paypal?I was a new costumer at Paypal this October month and I did not know about limitations.

As you can see in my evaluations, I?m a very fast buyer. Right now I can still do international bank transfer payments cause I?ve absolutely no money problems..This way of paying if free of charges for both of us..But I you can wait till November, the payment will be done with paypal as soon as possible. I know the ebay policy and the payment must be done in the 7 days following..but I assure you I?m really very interested in your comics being a reader of these for 26 years?

Tell me if it?s ok..

Have a nice day

fredmurdock"

I've sold several things to International customers and they have always paid via paypal so I'm not sure what to make of this email. He has been a member since July and has 19 positive feedbacks. I'm also not sure what he is talking about as far as Paypal limits? Never heard of anything like that...since there is somewhat of a language barrier perhaps he is talking about the limits on his credit card? Anyway, I don't know how an International Bank Transfer works...I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable giving anyone my bank account number and routing number unless it was a trusted 3rd party. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I should proceed? Any help would be MUCH appreciated...thanks!

flowerred.gif

I had a buyer in Australia who similarly said that he had reached his paypal limit for the month. I guess there's a limit...maybe they only had personal accounts. Anyway, I was patient and got paid in a week or two. I figured that it would cost extra for him to get US dollars and I'd have to wait a week or more for the mail anyway.

The nice thing about eBay is that you're not all that hurt if bidders don't pay, since you still have the comics. It's just a hassle to get the final value fee and relist.

I'd just wait it out; he sounds like a pretty good buyer.

well, november 1 is not too far away. if he was mailing you cash or an int'l m.o. it could take that long to get to you from belgium.

so chromium isn't the only person in belgium who plays with comics?

well, november 1 is not too far away. if he was mailing you cash or an int'l m.o. it could take that long to get to you from belgium.

so chromium isn't the only person in belgium who plays with comics?

I'm stunned as well 893whatthe.gif

There are a few people that buy modern comics, I even once met a guy who had some bronze, but I've NEVER met or heard of anyone over here that collects Silver Age..

Assuming he bought Silver Age comics that is confused-smiley-013.gif

OK, I feel better about this...guess I'll wait until he gets the Paypal issues straightened out. Thanks everyone!

If I can help out, just shout.

The guy can transfer the money from his Belgian account to mine, takes less than 2 working days, then I can paypal the money to you...

Just let me know thumbsup2.gif

Chromium...guys like you are one of the best things about this board! angel.gif

By the way, he bought all Bronze-Age stuff. He was one of the crazy bidders who drove the price of my nondescript Hulk 131 in Fine condition to almost double Guide! 893whatthe.gif

His name is Frederic Murdock, perhaps you know him since collectors are so scarce in your fine country? 27_laughing.gif