• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Membership / TAT question

5 posts in this topic

Hello. Increased TATs have led me to an interesting point with my membership and I would like some clarification please.

My membership expires at the end of this month, 2/28/22, and I am not doing auto-renew. I am inquiring about economy tier books, which have a TAT of 190 working days. If I send them to a dealer today for pressing with a form I print out with current membership #, it will get to cgc in 2-3 months after my membership expires. When will cgc ask me to renew my membership, when the books are received by cgc or when they actually start being graded? The membership is mostly eaten up with only one economy submission if it starts at received, so I would prefer not having my membership waste time sitting in a pile.

Thanks for the clarification. I send in a few standard & modern but my tier is going to be economy more often than not now that value is gone.

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your message. As long as you make the packing slip before your membership has renewed/ended there will be no problem with receiving your books into our office. You will NOT need to renew your membership between making the packing slip and the books being entered into our receiving department or any time after that so long as you were a member when originally making your packing slip.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

On 2/18/2022 at 3:17 PM, mmasterson said:

Hello,

Thank you for your message. As long as you make the packing slip before your membership has renewed/ended there will be no problem with receiving your books into our office. You will NOT need to renew your membership between making the packing slip and the books being entered into our receiving department or any time after that so long as you were a member when originally making your packing slip.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Excellent, thank you for the answer. To clarify now that I have that, 1) as long as I was a member when I printed the packing slip, then the books will be graded and charged? 2) I do not need to be a member when the books are shipped as long as I was a member when I printed the packing slip?

This is very helpful.

• Administrator
On 2/18/2022 at 4:20 PM, Bird said:

Excellent, thank you for the answer. To clarify now that I have that, 1) as long as I was a member when I printed the packing slip, then the books will be graded and charged? 2) I do not need to be a member when the books are shipped as long as I was a member when I printed the packing slip?

This is very helpful.

Yes. That is correct. 

Have a great weekend!