• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncanny X-Men 266
3 3

13 posts in this topic

CGC's discretion as to what gets the Qualified label. I doubt it though and the book has a few other issues, mainly on the back cover.

Thanks for posting.

Kind of an interesting question--one which prompted me to Google the grading of stickers.  Most of the grading guidelines I've seen allow "several lightly penciled, printed or stamped arrival dates" up to the 9.0 NM grade, but nothing about stickers.  My own opinion is that a manufacturing/distribution sticker like this one shouldn't affect the value much (at least nothing like a Care Bear sticker on Gambit's face or something).  Something I found on another forum site (which is therefore of unknown accuracy) said:

CGC will give books with a price sticker the same grade as not having a sticker. BUT it will be the Green, qualified label.

(I won't link to another message board on this one, but you can probably find the discussion if you are a skilled Googler.)

So...  is this in the same category as a price sticker or a Care Bear on Gambit's face?  I think the 7.0-7.5 is still reasonable, if date stamps and price stickers would be allowed in that range, but that is only my VERY amateur opinion.

Have you tried gently peeling the sticker off? If it was mine I'd get my finger nail and very carefully try to lift the top corner in the white space. If it started to come off without removing colour/gloss then I'd continue. A sticker is like having tape on your book. I think if you submitted it with the sticker on it could take it down to like a VG.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Have you tried gently peeling the sticker off? If it was mine I'd get my finger nail and very carefully try to lift the top corner in the white space. If it started to come off without removing colour/gloss then I'd continue. A sticker is like having tape on your book. I think if you submitted it with the sticker on it could take it down to like a VG.

Managed to get the sticker off!

20220222_223316.jpg