• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A list of "warehouse find" books
7 7

109 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 12:31 PM, southern cross said:

I wish I new about true life secrets 23.

I think I paid the most for a copy over a year ago! Doh! doh!

This book was cheap early 2000's picked up 3 copies VF for less them $100. now same copies will cost me way more. Yes still very desirable GGA book with classic cover. 

There was a time in the early 90's when several of the "up north" convention dealers were bringing out small multiples from the Bell Warehouse acquisition. Some were just copies of the same types of books in the Koch Brothers ads, heavier on 1965 and up. There were also books in multiples from the earlier 60's, like Amazing Adult Fantasy 7-14. These were all Fine or better with downgrades coming mainly from storage wear. I remember a deep stack of ASM 23 that had some transfer staining on the back cover of otherwise VF or better copies for $ 50 each for one and cheaper if you took a few. I accidentally took two and a friend told me I was stupid when I returned the extra one the next time that I saw the guy. Early X-MEN were plentiful, with very nice copies of #8, and up, available with a dozen of each to choose from. FF's from #35 up, and many more. It was a cool time to be a flipper/collector. GOD BLESS... \

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 3/12/2022 at 11:00 AM, toro said:

Here is a Koch Dolgoff Koch ad, not the full catalog from an ASM from 1988.  The full catalog had prices for G/VG VG/F FN/VF.  This ad is only for VF-NM.  Why didn't I buy more of their higher grade stuff.  :cry:

kochu.jpg

This makes me want to throw up. FF #49 and #50 for $15 each?  

On 8/8/2022 at 10:04 PM, MattTheDuck said:

This makes me want to throw up. FF #49 and #50 for $15 each?  

Joe had three packs of 48-50 he put together.  For a short time, he offered a subscription service where you'd get every Marvel comic from that month in 1965. The next year was every comic from 1966. Originally he said he would offer from 1965 to 1969 but he canceled the thing after a few months.

Edited by shadroch