• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Timing of Billing?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

When does CGC charge credit cards for its services? In another post in the “Ask CGC” forum, moderator Jennifer F. stated "If you just selected regular grading and nothing else, then you will be charged once the order is logged in and verified which can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks depending on the tier." But, my first order to CGC was received last August and the billing occurred in December, about the same time the books were shipped back. This month (Feb. 16) I was billed for five different submissions that were received between Nov. 19 and Feb. 14. Only one of those is in the “grading/encapsulation” stage. I’m trying to time my submissions to be charged once per month. Having five submission charges all at once was unexpected. Thank you in advance for your attention. The fact your monitor AND respond to these forums is very welcome.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Dr. Bruce Banner
Moderator: Please delete the final two paragraphs. Bad cut/paste job.

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you experienced all these charges at the same time.

Our accounting department has recently transitioned into a new system that charges automatically as soon as invoices are received into the system. There have been a few cases in the past, where some submissions were not charged immediately. Our accounting department is currently catching up on all those old submissions that were not charged previously.

You can expect any future submissions to be charged much closer to the date that they are received with our new system. 

Yeah, I just had three charges in one day resulting in a HUGE hit to my credit card. None of the charges matched any of the invoices for orders in the past few months.  I emailed accounting last week, but have yet to hear back.  In the meantime, these new charges are costing me interest on my credit card. 

It would be lovely if there was a transparent billing page that was part of our online account that would show orders that have been paid, yet been billed, current balance, date paid, etc.  This could also reflect account credits from membership renewals, which is something people are always asking about ("How/when will my credit be applied?  Do I have a credit?"). Most places with online ordering have his system.  

As it stands, having three large charges show up in my credit card statement, NONE matching any invoices, is really suspicious looking and worrisome to me.  More transparency would be great.