• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long to open Express
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I had an Express Service book delivered to your company that arrived Jan 31st via Fedex #775841631884

My account #
CS182040 still shows that you haven't opened it. My understanding was that Express Service packages were opened sooner than regular shipments, hence the marking on the outside of the package with EX.

I've emails CS and all I get are canned responses. Can someone tell me the current time it takes to log in Express service boxes?

I was hoping to get this comic back by either the end of February (not looking good for that date now) or early March. Now I wonder if I'll get it by April or May?  What happened to all those new employees you hired months ago? I've been hearing people getting regular service books back in less than a month.

What am I missing here?

• Administrator

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your question. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this. It looks like this book was received on 2/22/22 at 4:05 pm EST. 

EX packages are given a priority. But if for some reason you have a package delivered with EX or WK on the outside and it is not received within the first week feel free to give our customer service team a call and we will make sure our CGC receiving department locates the package as soon as possible. I will reach out to our team to see if we can get this submission sent through the system faster. 

I am sorry you experienced this. If you have any other questions feel free to let us know. 

Thank you MattM,

I did contact CS after 7 days and they replied that they were opening shipments from mid January. I wrote back several times to ask how long it usually took to log in an Express package but got back replies that sounded like they were talking about the cheaper services. It wasn't until you personally checked that it seems anything was done so, again, thank you! Unfortunately that book came back in a dirty slab, CGC took it back and reslabbed for free, but then didn't insert the custom label I paid for. I've heard of the danger of opening a slab, that it could result in damage to the book so I decided I had pushed my luck and kept the book. It took months to get the book done (but still missing label) so I asked if I could get a credit refund of the difference between EX service and regular Modern. No reply since. A few days ago I tried posting here what happened and it seems to have disappeared. I'm not out to be the bad guy here, just asking for a credit refund because, basically, CGC messed up with this submission. I've got over a dozen other books sent through your system with no problems.

I've also been unable to get a printout of my account activities since I paid $150 for membership and renewal this year minus the costs for this one book.

If you can help I'll be forever thankful.

• Administrator

Hello!

We are showing your submission was originally processed within the Express tier turnaround time and we cannot offer compensation at this time. However, since you paid for the customer label and did not receive it after the book was returned to you we can refund the label fees to your account or you may send the book back again for the correct label. Thank you. 

I'm not complaining about the turnaround time, I'm complaining that I paid a lot more money for Express service and it took 22 days just for my package to be opened and logged into the system. Especially when another of the Admins says "EX packages are given a priority. But if for some reason you have a package delivered with EX or WK on the outside and it is not received within the first week feel free to give our customer service team a call and we will make sure our CGC receiving department locates the package as soon as possible."  I had already done that 2 weeks before, a week after Fedex delivered it at roughly 10:30am on Monday Jan 31st. It wasn't logged in until February 22nd. 

I asked Customer Service several times a simple question "How long does it usually take to log in an Express package?" and got what sounded like a response for a normal package "We are opening packages from Jan 14th. etc.

At the same time other customers of yours are posting that they are surprised to get their normal submissions back way earlier than expected.

I think if something like this had happened to you when you sent, say, your cell phone in for service, and paid $100 extra for express service, waited 3 weeks for the service center to log it in before even starting repairs, even though the turnaround on the actual repair was speedy, then you get your phone back and there are smudges under the glass, so you send it back again, wait again, get the phone back a 2nd time and part of the phone is missing, you'd be feeling like I'm feeling. Add to that your friend telling you they sent their phone in for service, didn't pay $100 for express service, and they got their phone back sooner than you did.

How would you feel under those circumstances? I think you'd feel the same as I do, probably even angrier.

Finally, you have your messages to Customer Service ignored, including asking for a printout of your account activity being screwed up and follow up messages ignored. 

I don't think I'm acting unreasonable to have my concerns addressed and that credit in the amount of the difference between Modern or Modern FastTrack and the cost of Express service, refunded to my account. Considering the other errors on CGC's part I don't think I'm asking too much to have the other $20-$35 credited to my account as Customer Good Will. 

I worked/managed the customer service for a large company for decades so, if anything, I tend to be more forgiving when dealing with a company's CS but I have to say, in this instance, your company could have done better.

Again my apologies for bringing this up in your Forum but after receiving no response to my messages for several weeks I felt I had no other venue than this one to try and get satisfaction.

Thank you,
Bob J.