• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grader’s Notes on a recent submission
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On a submission that recently shipped, I got the following notes on a 9.6 that wasn’t pressed: very light bends to cover, very light rippling to cover.

It’s scheduled to be in my hands on 3/1, but without looking at the book, these sound like pressable defects, do they not?

Haven’t submitted a book that’s on the 9.6/9.8 border in a while and wondering what you guys think of the text the graders used (was a Walkthru). Thanks!

On 2/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, Lightning55 said:

So you had a book that was worthy of spending $150+ for Walkthru, but didn't get it pressed?  Now you're thinking of tossing those funds out and getting it pressed and re-graded?  Yikes!!

Exactly. It was previously pressed more than a decade ago and didn’t think it needed it :facepalm:

Getting a book graded will at least let you know where your at, many books do not benefit by pressing.  If the book looks sharp a straight sub and hopefully for the 9.8, if not now you have notes to identify some possible flaws.   Evaluate and decide on pressing and re sub.  

On 2/24/2022 at 9:46 PM, Topnotchman said:

Getting a book graded will at least let you know where your at, many books do not benefit by pressing.  If the book looks sharp a straight sub and hopefully for the 9.8, if not now you have notes to identify some possible flaws.   Evaluate and decide on pressing and re sub.  

Or this PRESS SCREENING in the first place -

1002773793_Screenshot2022-02-26at00-31-53CGCServicesFeesCGC.thumb.png.6fd42ae6e952cccb49971d51e665240e.png

$15+ or $150+, your choice.

I recently bought a CGC 9.4 comic that happens to be the rarest TMNT volume 1 CGC 9.8 to get (V1 #16 1988, only 2 on census). But I read the graders notes and it said the same thing (light bends on cover), so I snagged it up.

The comic arrived, and sure enough it just has those ripples from the heavy ink (?) at the manufacturer that can easily be pressed out.

I haven't sent it in yet, but I remain hopeful that it will get bumped to a 9.8 so I can do a happy dance all night long! ^^

I hope your comic arrives in the same manner, and we can both be winners! :headbang:

But ya, it does sound like it could a CPR candidate, as long as the grader didn't leave out spine ticks and blunted corners.

GL