• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Complex Gallery...my awful experience
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Way back on 6/8/2020 I purchased a Peach Momoko original art piece from the HCG website.  They had a few, at the time...and the pandemic was upon us!  As you might tell from the title of this thread, I never got it.

I let a month go by before emailing them on 7/6 to ask if there was any progress with it...I only asked because other pieces from the site were being posted on CAF by their new owner's.  I was told it was being pulled from deep storage...ominous.

I emailed again on 9/27 and got an auto response back saying orders can take up to 30 days...ok.

I emailed again on the 9/28 asking if they could look into it since it was over the 30 days...on 10/1 they say they are still working on it.

I email again on 12/17 and get the auto response "up to 30 days".  I email again on 12/18...it's over 30 days, can you look into this.  Response on 1/4/21 "we are actively searching for it"  Really...for 6 months?

Then on 1/5/21 I am asked if I would want a refund...in the form of a gift card.  I asked if they could continue looking for it.

So...over 6 months go by, not once did they ever reach out to me with any info on this purchase.  I mean, they would always answer my emails...but what good is the same answer of "we're looking for it" every time.

So I waited, yet again.  They, again, never reached out about my purchase for the next 3 months.  Finally, on 3/21/21 I asked for a refund in the form of a check for the total amount...and that was the only thing they did for me.

So today I went and did some fun math...what if instead of sending them a payment of $845 for a piece of art...I put that money and bought bitcoin on 6/8/20.  What would it have been worth on 3/21/21?  I mean, I obviously didn't have that cash for that entire time, so...what if?

It would have been worth about $4203.31 on 3/21/21.

Edited by IceHole

On 2/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, IceHole said:

So today I went and did some fun math...what if instead of sending them a payment of $845 for a piece of art...I put that money and bought bitcoin on 6/8/20.  What would it have been worth on 3/21/21?  I mean, I obviously didn't have that cash for that entire time, so...what if?

What would it have been worth if you bought stock in Sears Holdings Corporation?

On 2/26/2022 at 1:46 PM, IceHole said:

Way back on 6/8/2020 I purchased a Peach Momoko original art piece from the HCG website.  They had a few, at the time...and the pandemic was upon us!  As you might tell from the title of this thread, I never got it.

I let a month go by before emailing them on 7/6 to ask if there was any progress with it...I only asked because other pieces from the site were being posted on CAF by their new owner's.  I was told it was being pulled from deep storage...ominous.

I emailed again on 9/27 and got an auto response back saying orders can take up to 30 days...ok.

I emailed again on the 9/28 asking if they could look into it since it was over the 30 days...on 10/1 they say they are still working on it.

I email again on 12/17 and get the auto response "up to 30 days".  I email again on 12/18...it's over 30 days, can you look into this.  Response on 1/4/21 "we are actively searching for it"  Really...for 6 months?

Then on 1/5/21 I am asked if I would want a refund...in the form of a gift card.  I asked if they could continue looking for it.

So...over 6 months go by, not once did they ever reach out to me with any info on this purchase.  I mean, they would always answer my emails...but what good is the same answer of "we're looking for it" every time.

So I waited, yet again.  They, again, they never reached out about my purchase for the next 3 months.  Finally, on 3/21/21 I asked for a refund in the form of a check for the total amount...and that was the only thing they did for me.

If ifs and buts were Candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas. While I can’t award you 👨‍⚖️ punitive damages, you certainly were entitled to what you paid for or your money back.

Gift cards?

Putrid bait and switch.
You paid for this but they give you that 🎵 

The amount of time they took to resolve this was unacceptable. 

I think you guys are giving that last statement about the bitcoin too much attention...it was just an anecdote I put there to emphasize the time that passed, and put some value to it.  I coulda used a Gilligan's Island reference but I wanted to sound more hip and generation z than show my age.  Just know that I waited way too long for art that, in the end...I never got to have. 

On 2/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, IceHole said:

I think you guys are giving that last statement about the bitcoin too much attention...it was just an anecdote I put there to emphasize the time that passed, and put some value to it.  I coulda used a Gilligan's Island reference but I wanted to sound more hip and generation z than show my age.  Just know that I waited way too long for art that, in the end...I never got to have. 

Just having a little fun. We get the point.

On 2/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, IceHole said:

Doesn't Peach Momoko sell her art herself? You would have had a better experience contacting her directly....without the 'added fees ' of the middleman.

On 2/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, Shin-Kaiser said:

Doesn't Peach Momoko sell her art herself? You would have had a better experience contacting her directly....without the 'added fees ' of the middleman.

When I last saw her at a show, she seemed to have a manager there.

On 2/28/2022 at 10:13 PM, Rick2you2 said:

When I last saw her at a show, she seemed to have a manager there.

I've never met her face to face though I have seen that she needs a translator in interviews...could be a possible explanation?

I have bought a few pieces from her though and have communicated through social media, I assume I have been speaking with her directly, but who knows!

On 2/28/2022 at 10:26 PM, rikemice said:

She was set up with Essential Sequential at the last NYCC I worked. 

I saw her at the last NYCC before the Pandemic (3-4 years ago?). She knew a little English, like greeting you, but not much else. Seemed nice and genuine.

Edited by Rick2you2

This was around the start of the pandemic, so getting art at shows seemed a long way off.  Finding a piece that was already in the states versus having it mailed from Japan seemed like a great find.  Especially BIG art, "wall power" as the kids say...which this was.  Never meant to be I guess...but boy, did I really want that one piece!  Which is why I waited as long as I did for it.  Which is why it hurt so much...the tears guys, so many tears.

On 3/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, IceHole said:

This was around the start of the pandemic, so getting art at shows seemed a long way off.  Finding a piece that was already in the states versus having it mailed from Japan seemed like a great find.  Especially BIG art, "wall power" as the kids say...which this was.  Never meant to be I guess...but boy, did I really want that one piece!  Which is why I waited as long as I did for it.  Which is why it hurt so much...the tears guys, so many tears.

🎻🎻🎻