• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are signature variants a new thing?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I visited the Clayton Crain personal website and I noticed that he has several of the same signed comic, but each labeled and priced differently, depending on the signature style:

Infinity Signature, Infinity Murder Signature, Classic Murder Signature, etc... it's actually kind of cool! Basically, it's just different pen colors and an artistic flair to the signing.

Is this a new collectible thing?

SS slabs don't yet notate the signature variants, but I wonder how long until collectors start asking for it?

After all, you pay a standard price for a basic Kevin Eastman signature, and you pay extra for the 'head sketch' doodle he puts on his merchandise at signing events. He advertises his head sketch as a bonus to his signature, which should make it 'more collectible', or worth more imo.

LMK what you think about it. Your 2c below.

crain.jpg

On 2/27/2022 at 8:46 PM, Drake Dragoon said:

I visited the Clayton Crain personal website and I noticed that he has several of the same signed comic, but each labeled and priced differently, depending on the signature style:

Infinity Signature, Infinity Murder Signature, Classic Murder Signature, etc... it's actually kind of cool! Basically, it's just different pen colors and an artistic flair to the signing.

Is this a new collectible thing?

SS slabs don't yet notate the signature variants, but I wonder how long until collectors start asking for it?

After all, you pay a standard price for a basic Kevin Eastman signature, and you pay extra for the 'head sketch' doodle he puts on his merchandise at signing events. He advertises his head sketch as a bonus to his signature, which should make it 'more collectible', or worth more imo.

LMK what you think about it. Your 2c below.

crain.jpg

It's more of a Crain thing. He's the only one I've seen that does this with signatures. The upcoming CGC signing event with him is placing his various types of signatures into different pricing tiers.

On 3/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, 500Club said:

I think the rarest signature variant is ‘legible’. :cry:

They must be expensive. I pay my doctor a lot more than any artist and I don't get one of those.