• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Database App - Recommendations
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a comic book inventory App where I can upload my collection and track pricing. I see gocollect has a list/tracker, but not sure what it does. Here are the requirements:

(1) I will not provide a mobile phone number

(2) I am not interested in sharing or having my inventory listed where anyone (other than myself) can see it

(3) Desktop application

(4) Downloadable from Apple App Store

I'm confident there's many wonderful Apps out there, but if they don't meet the aforementioned criteria, I'm not interested. Thank you for your time.

I've been looking as well. I typically use Go Collect to check graded values. It also lets you input your collection, but I haven't played around with this. Apparently there used to be a mobile app/database that had a contract with them but that's no longer the case. Makes me wonder if they're planning to roll out their own app. I've also used Comic Price Guide, which provides graded values and raw values (which I don't think Go Collect provides-anyone know?). CPG also let's you input your collection with the option to hide or let others view it. It has an iPhone app that I use (requires a membership/login to use but no phone number). Only thing about CPG is that it's so slow to load or look up values.

Edited by chrisbuoy

Just briefly playing around with it, I can look up a comic and then add it to a list (in this case "My Comics" list under the "Comics I Own" heading). I can create other lists as well. When I add a comic, I can edit the info, such as grade, price, purchase date, etc. You can export/download your list as a CSV file.

I heard back from GoCollect. Turns out you can track comic prices by uploading them through "My List" - Hip! Hip! Hooray!

Unfortunately...it only accepts Graded comic books via the Certified Number. No RAW comics. One possible work around is to pull (borrow) a certified number from another Graded comic for use with a RAW issue. NOTE: The email instructions said for "CGC" so I'm not sure if this also works for CBCS or other grading companies.

I asked if they could remove the Grading/Certified Number portion so users can add RAW comics. I understand there's a price difference between Graded/Raw, but I'm interested in using the program to track pricing changes. I'll provide an update when I hear back from them.

On 2/28/2022 at 5:49 AM, Upgrayedd2 said:

I'm looking for a comic book inventory App where I can upload my collection and track pricing. I see gocollect has a list/tracker, but not sure what it does. Here are the requirements:

(1) I will not provide a mobile phone number

(2) I am not interested in sharing or having my inventory listed where anyone (other than myself) can see it

(3) Desktop application

(4) Downloadable from Apple App Store

I'm confident there's many wonderful Apps out there, but if they don't meet the aforementioned criteria, I'm not interested. Thank you for your time.
I asked you to make such an application for me. It costs a lot of money, but it's better this way. I tried to do it myself, it was very difficult and I had an error, namely, I couldn’t fix this network is blocking encrypted dns traffic, later I read this article and understood what and how. In general, if you can’t find an application for iPhone, then it’s better to create it yourself. Firstly, this will be an additional business for you and you can continue to pursue your hobby.

I recommend "CLZ Comics" from Collectorz.com

Edited by Devilcrue

Make one yourself. That's what I have done for my comics and my coins and my wife's book collection. I used Microsoft Excel to make a spreadsheet database. It's really pretty easy and you can make it as simple or as complicated as you like. As you can see, for each entry (comic) I only include the name, the issue, issue date, my estimated grade, Comics PriceGuide.com, Overstreet and Notsomania values, and the average of the 3 as of the date I bought or entered the comic into the database. What I originally paid for the comic and that also includes any shipping I paid so that my all in cost is accurate, and any notes about the book. Regrade just means that I looked at at it at least twice, to be somewhat sure I had the grade correct, or as close to correct as a schmuck like me could do. I also realize that the values in the real world will be less than the average values for the 3 grading sites I use, but it's only as a check against me paying way to much for any comic. I like to see that I paid 50% or less than the average values of the 3 services. Usually I do but sometimes I've paid a bit more than I should have.

Here's an image of a small section of Superboy in my database. The blanks are a couple of books that I bought but haven't entered yet into the database. image.thumb.png.1756d86a4d13857a5107b2464097a090.png

Edited by Mokiguy

ComicBase is the best I've found so far.  You can't upload, pre se...  but you can get everything you have into a DB easily.  I love the comic scanner too.  The reporting to an app or on the web is very helpful.  Look into it.