• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it me or does it seem like key Batman issues from the bronze and copper age are undervalued?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Looking at a bunch of copper this morning and from Tim Drake key issues and some others, they are just so much cheaper vs Spider man and other Marvel books.

Also even some of the higher end bronze keys seem undervalued, to me at least

I understand why but will this ever change? I mean is Batman dying with younger fans thanks to MCU?

On 3/9/2022 at 8:34 AM, MutantMike said:

Looking at a bunch of copper this morning and from Tim Drake key issues and some others, they are just so much cheaper vs Spider man and other Marvel books.

I understand why but will this ever change? I mean is Batman dying with younger fans thanks to MCU?

Depends on what you mean by ‘keys’ being undervalued.  There’s a lot of minor firsts in Bronze and Copper bar titles, but they seem to be relevant only to die-hard Batman collectors.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:34 AM, MutantMike said:

Yes. I believe each issue should be worth $1,000,000.

Please note, this is strictly, absolutely not, no question about it, not self-interest in any way, shape, or form, not at all, not in a million years.

Re copper keys, I think Tim Drake is mostly forgotten. Perhaps I'm not the right demographic but I don't know that I could have come up with his name.

Which bronze keys do you think are undervalued? Batman #227, #251, that kind of thing?

It seems like all the Batbooks have taken an impressive jump in the last few years. But sure, reasonable to think they still have a ways to go.