• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waterproof container for CGC cases

10 posts in this topic

It's become clear that if I go ahead and move, and don't have the luxury of being on a hill, then I'll basically be screwed in a flood. I've simply got too much stage to take with me in an emergency, and even an 'In Case Of Emergency Grab This' box really isn't as viable as i'd've hoped. 

I would not recommend an airtight anything for long-term storage of collectibles in general. And that's before even considering what the likely VOC out-gassing products of that foam lining might be.

When I did research on fireproof safes for collectibles, I found out that paying for the more expensive fire protection models - only gives you a false sense of security.

The explanation was that if your house caught on fire, sure the safe would protect what's inside from fire, but when Fire Dept comes, the water and chemicals they use to put out fire would get into the safe and damage them with liquids, as well as being affected by smoke damage.

those cases might work though.  If you were aware of the fire you would be able to easily move it unlike a safe...

Edited by Darkseid of the Moon