• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Genie Appears Before You...
2 2

38 posts in this topic

And offers you this deal. You can have any 1 book you desire, in any grade you desire with 3 provisions...

1. All books you have in your collection now become the property of the Genie.

2. You cannot sell or trade your desired book in your lifetime. Till Death do you Part.

3. Upon your death the book must be donated to a non-profit or Charity for them to sell and reap the proceeds from it.

Do you take the deal?

On 3/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, Dave2739 said:

Only one? I assumed you were only posting Top 10s these days. :nyah:

Let me get on that...

On 3/17/2022 at 1:44 AM, Dave2739 said:

isn't there a naughty version of that cover where the genie's bush is hanging out of his panties / loincloth thing? 

This Genie is obviously Brazilian.

On 3/17/2022 at 1:32 PM, Krydel4 said:

Wow. No takers. Thought for sure someone would take the bargain for a Tec 27 10.0 or an AC 1 10.0 or an AA16, Whiz 1(2), CA 1 ...🤔

Well, let me rephrase the proposition, and maybe you'll see why it isn't appealing.

"If I write down the value of your entire collection to zero, and take the books you enjoy owning from your possession, you can have bragging rights on a single book until you die, at which point you lose all value of that to your estate as well." Yeah, nah.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:10 PM, AJD said:

Well, let me rephrase the proposition, and maybe you'll see why it isn't appealing.

"If I write down the value of your entire collection to zero, and take the books you enjoy owning from your possession, you can have bragging rights on a single book until you die, at which point you lose all value of that to your estate as well." Yeah, nah.

Obviously, the Golden Agers are much too smart to be taken in by my Faustian proposition. Back to the 5th Dimension I go.🤪