• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - Needing help! Book stolen
3 3

192 posts in this topic

I have opened an investigation twice with UPS on this matter. Apparently one was closed because they could not get a hold of CGC. I called and spoke to UPS who said I’m pretty much SOL on my package as well. I let her know I will be calling everyday until something comes up. I spoke to a Maria at cgc who pretty much told me a string of robberies have happened and they think I should go to small claims court or call the local police and file a report. Has anyone ever experienced this or had issues like this ? What is the next steps I should take because i’m not letting this go. I have attached some info if anyone could tell me if they see my book anywhere pop up. I’ve been diligently checking everything. 

9C036E07-E8FF-45B1-8DFE-DBFFEBB9FD0D.png

FF36B1DD-DB72-4CE6-B332-217E30661F7D.png

So CGC sent it and it went AWOL before delivery? I think you're pretty much screwed as I don't think they insure UPS. Once it's in the mail, it's pretty much out of CGC's hands.

Do you have collectors insurance?

On 3/21/2022 at 3:37 PM, Tnexus said:

So CGC sent it and it went AWOL before delivery? I think you're pretty much screwed as I don't think they insure UPS. Once it's in the mail, it's pretty much out of CGC's hands.

Do you have collectors insurance?

unfortunately I don't have collectors insurance. Yes the book went AWOL before it actually arrived to me. UPS absolutely sucks as they don't want to help me at all and have closed my case three times and never even told me about it. When I spoke to cgc again they advised me to file a police report, get a lawyer, or accept a 100$ check due to that's what the worth of the book is the lady claimed. I was also told any check could take up to months and that if I got any money from cgc id have to buy the book back from them for FMV/what ever they pay me.

Edited by Mmanick

Yeah, that's not an acceptable level of customer service from UPS.  That book was either lifted out of their Bakersfield facility by an employee, or trashed "accidentally" or someone screwed up on scanning when it left there.  Probably the former because it should have been scanned back in (or "out for delivery) once it got up to your area.  I'd try to get a manager at the Bakersfield facility if you're not already calling there.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:43 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Yeah, that's not an acceptable level of customer service from UPS.  That book was either lifted out of their Bakersfield facility by an employee, or trashed "accidentally" or someone screwed up on scanning when it left there.  Probably the former because it should have been scanned back in (or "out for delivery) once it got up to your area.  I'd try to get a manager at the Bakersfield facility if you're not already calling there.

ive been on the phone all day with cgc and ups. its like these guys want to keep passing the buck off. I tried asking for a number to the Bakersfield facility and i get the same answer from them. " that wont help you" cgc has been completely out of the loop and keep passing blame back to ups who keeps telling me contact the sender (cgc) .   

On 3/21/2022 at 5:29 PM, Mmanick said:

spoke to a Maria at cgc who pretty much told me a string of robberies have happened and they think I should go to small claims court

Who exactly does she want you to take to small claims court? UPS?

On 3/21/2022 at 5:01 PM, wombat said:

Who exactly does she want you to take to small claims court? UPS?

UPS, the cgc rep said thats the only way i may get full value for the book

On 3/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, oakman29 said:

God that sucks. I guess the looking at the bright side it's not an irreplaceable book. I'm mean it's not an Action 1, right?

I'm sorry for your loss.

or a AF15.

2.5 weeks is certainly not encouraging, but it's not unheard of for stuff to get lost. Your last update basically just shows it just delayed. That doesn't mean it's stolen, there could be many things that might have happened.

Unfortunately, you are SOL if it gets lost. CGC warns anyone sending with FedEx or UPS their packages aren't fully insured. That's why they're cheaper. You pretty much are stuck with the $100 if it doesn't show up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, oakman29 said:

God that sucks. I guess the looking at the bright side it's not an irreplaceable book. I'm mean it's not an Action 1, right?

I'm sorry for your loss.

ive been waiting a really long time to find a high grade copy of wolverine 1 and get it signed by frank. cgc also only wants to offer me 100$ and that can take up to months. Af 15 or not I'm po. these guys are trying to railroad me.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:44 PM, Tnexus said:

2.5 weeks is certainly not encouraging, but it's not unheard of for stuff to get lost. Your last update basically just shows it just delayed. That doesn't mean it's stolen, there could be many things that might have happened.

Unfortunately, you are SOL if it gets lost. CGC warns anyone sending with FedEx or UPS their packages aren't fully insured. That's why they're cheaper. You pretty much are stuck with the $100 if it doesn't show up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

the last upodate is saying they closed the case and telling me to contact cgc who offered me 100 and that can take up to months to get. the signing alone was over 100.

On 3/21/2022 at 8:55 PM, Mmanick said:

ive been waiting a really long time to find a high grade copy of wolverine 1 and get it signed by frank. cgc also only wants to offer me 100$ and that can take up to months. Af 15 or not I'm po. these guys are trying to railroad me.

Is there still hope it arrives on your doorstep? :wishluck:

On 3/21/2022 at 5:58 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Is there still hope it arrives on your doorstep? :wishluck:

cgc and ups are telling me to move on already so i dont know. I think a POS UPS employee stole it but who really knows.

Don't know how accurate the phone number on the BBB website but it features a local Bakersfield phone number.
edit: You have to love a review score of 1.05/5 but a BBB score of A+
edit 2: Looks like they respond to BBB complaints within 5 days or so...might be the next step....

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/bakersfield/profile/packaging-service/ups-1066-89034171

Edited by Troy Division

On 3/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, lizards2 said:

I have so many "whys?", but they are all rude.

i can ask why cgc decided to bill me more for my last submission because they thought it was over the stated amount given however now they dont want to pay out.

are you asking why i put my declared amount as 175? I bought the book as a raw 8.0 and wasn't sure what the grade would come back as. either way i may never use cgc again for this.