• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - Needing help! Book stolen
3 3

192 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2022 at 6:02 PM, Mmanick said:

cgc and ups are telling me to move on already so i dont know. I think a POS UPS employee stole it but who really knows.

Curious: if you don’t “really know” what happened, why refer to working folks at UPS as being “POS?”

Edited by NoMan

On 3/21/2022 at 6:52 PM, Tnexus said:

I'm not sure why you're mad at CGC. They mailed the book the way you opted for them to send it. You have every right to be frustrated at UPS.

The reason it takes a while to get paid out is because CGC has to file a claim with UPS, then get reimbursed, and send it off to you. They won't just give you the money first because if UPS rules against them or finds it, they are out the money. I know it sucks, but that's business.

The fact that they keep passing the buck off? The customer service absolutely sucking, the garbage attitude i got from both companies and the just move on its no big deal vibe i got from both. Not to mention the UPS rep laughing about numerous train cars, trucks being hit by thief's recently. so i'm extremely po at both companies and as of now am thinking to never use either again.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:09 PM, Mmanick said:

Not to mention the UPS rep laughing about numerous train cars, trucks being hit by thief's recently....

They shouldn't laugh.....but they aren't wrong...

TrainRobbery.thumb.jpg.4c467855cebd10bda

On 3/22/2022 at 1:23 PM, Domo Arigato said:

They shouldn't laugh.....but they aren't wrong...

TrainRobbery.thumb.jpg.4c467855cebd10bda

Jeez, are those trashed boxes ones that were stolen from that train?

What the heck's happening over there?

@Mmanick It still might show up Mikey - I waited months to get a parcel, and it just showed up one day.

On 3/21/2022 at 10:08 PM, Beige said:

Jeez, are those trashed boxes ones that were stolen from that train?

Yes......although that particular picture is from an incident that happened in January.

That's downtown L.A. in the background.

On 3/21/2022 at 7:09 PM, Mmanick said:

The fact that they keep passing the buck off? The customer service absolutely sucking, the garbage attitude i got from both companies and the just move on its no big deal vibe i got from both. Not to mention the UPS rep laughing about numerous train cars, trucks being hit by thief's recently. so i'm extremely po at both companies and as of now am thinking to never use either again.

It doesn't sound like they're passing the buck if they're offering you $100.  If you requested it sent back to you via UPS then you got what you paid for.   It's clearly stated on their website that the max insurance is $100 if shipped UPS.  

On 3/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, 50 Fiddy said:

It doesn't sound like they're passing the buck if they're offering you $100.  If you requested it sent back to you via UPS then you got what you paid for.   It's clearly stated on their website that the max insurance is $100 if shipped UPS.  

The whole day they were telling me to contact the other about this situation. Rather it states 100$ or not they just charged me more for a separate submission that they thought was more expensive. I didn’t know the book was going to grade that high. Cgc is taking advantage and I’m seeing it first hand. The price jumped on I pay more but now they can’t pay me fmv. Not to mention they tried closing my investigation three times with UPS. I want those clowns at ups to find my package. I’m not being overwhelming to them either. This is what I paid them for and they don’t want to try an track down my package 

On 3/21/2022 at 9:26 PM, Mmanick said:

The whole day they were telling me to contact the other about this situation. Rather it states 100$ or not they just charged me more for a separate submission that they thought was more expensive. I didn’t know the book was going to grade that high. Cgc is taking advantage and I’m seeing it first hand. The price jumped on I pay more but now they can’t pay me fmv. Not to mention they tried closing my investigation three times with UPS. I want those clowns at ups to find my package. I’m not being overwhelming to them either. This is what I paid them for and they don’t want to try an track down my package 

Are you sure shenanigans are afoot? Maybe your package is just in a transitional place, and it will be on your doorstep soon. We hear this so often here, then miraculously it shows up. Maybe you should just hang loose and wait for it awhile.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:33 AM, KCOComics said:

Do you have private insurance on your collection? 

I'm sorry about the situation. I would be livid too. 

Unfortunately i don’t and yes I’m extremely livid and being told to move on the package is gone. The upsetting part to me is I want to keep hoping it somehow makes it to me. 

On 3/21/2022 at 10:51 PM, Domo Arigato said:

You seem to be confusing two different things.  If your book ends up grading higher than you anticipated, and the value increases enough......then CGC will charge more for their grading service on it.  That's been the case for years (decades?) and applies to everyone.  That increased grading fee has nothing to do with the shipping in this instance.

The shipping is a separate matter because you opted to use UPS......and, as was stated in an earlier post above, the max insurance with UPS is $100.  That's why you're being offered that amount.  To get more than that, you would have needed to pick a different return shipping method.  I know it stinks, but I also think you need to step back, take a deep breath, and try to look at this from an objective standpoint.

This following was pulled directly from the shipping instructions area on the CGC website:

Important Note: Customer assumes all risk of loss or damage to collectibles during return shipment from CGC to Customer. Customer is responsible for selecting a carrier (e.g. USPS Mail) for return shipping and for procuring insurance on return shipping. If Customer does not select a carrier, collectibles will be returned via USPS Mail.  For domestic US return shipments via USPS Mail, CGC will use USPS Registered Mail and purchase insurance on Customer’s behalf based on Customer’s declared values, up to $100,000 per package for comics and trading cards.

Not confusing anything at all. I know what I paid for. I’m just completely being railroaded is all. Thanks for the comment 

On 3/21/2022 at 9:59 PM, oakman29 said:

Are you sure shenanigans are afoot? Maybe your package is just in a transitional place, and it will be on your doorstep soon. We hear this so often here, then miraculously it shows up. Maybe you should just hang loose and wait for it awhile.

That’s what I’m being told. Unfortunately these companies just want me to move on and they want to declare the package stolen but i keep saying look for it and hoping it turns up.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:26 PM, Mmanick said:

I'm not sure if it's CGC that taking advantage of this or it's your misunderstanding.  You selected UPS return shipping and that's what you got.  Who tried closing out your investigation with UPS?  Maybe UPS did it because you had multiple claims out for the same shipment.

Edited by 50 Fiddy

On 3/22/2022 at 5:24 AM, 50 Fiddy said:

I'm not sure if it's CGC that taking advantage of this or it's your misunderstanding.  You selected UPS return shipping and that's what you got.  Who tried closing out your investigation with UPS?  Maybe the UPS did it because you had multiple claims out for the same shipment.

Cgc tried closing out the investigation three times without telling me. It’s one claim being reopened multiple times by me. I argued with the cgc rep about this numerous times because they are wanting me to just be done with it and I’m not I want ups to do their job and actually look for the package. Cgc tried closing this out without even telling me. I had to call ups numerous times to figure this all out.  

On 3/22/2022 at 5:31 AM, Mmanick said:

Cgc tried closing out the investigation three times without telling me. It’s one claim being reopened multiple times by me. I argued with the cgc rep about this numerous times because they are wanting me to just be done with it and I’m not I want ups to do their job and actually look for the package. Cgc tried closing this out without even telling me. I had to call ups numerous times to figure this all out.  

Okay, so they closed it out and told you they were going to send you a check for $100.  It seems you're making matters worse for yourself.   Neither are going to stop everything they're doing to search for your book since both seem to think it's now a loss. Yeah it sucks that you probably paid more for the services than what you're going to recover, but you have yourself to blame for choosing the cheapest route to have the book returned back to you. 

These instances are just a shame.

When books are sent in and payment has been made, don't we have a contract with cgc?  Is it the comic owner's responsibility to ensure cgc honors the contract?

Why should the books TRUE owner, have to worry about what insurance cgc has or does not have on various carriers?  Isn't it up to the sender to get the book to the owner, and not the other way around?  And since the carrier is responsible to deliver the package to the TRUE owner, it seems the issue lies between cgc and the shipper.  I feel that the owner is just a third, albeit concerned party in cases like these, with little authority or muscle to make things happen.

Mistakes happen of course, and we've all been taken advantage of one time or another by grading company or shipper.  I hate being brought into a scenario like this, where the greatest company in the world can't get a book delivered as required, as contracted.

If the book is important to me, it is Signatures all the way, with full insurance, until it arrives at its assigned destination.  Other than that, it's up to someone else.

Good luck.