• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - Needing help! Book stolen
3 3

192 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2022 at 2:02 PM, Mmanick said:

UPDATE: Thanks to a very generous board member/ @Countrymomand Amiri the shipping manager from CGC my package and countrymom's may have actually found.  package/ shipping container. The tracking now reads out for delivery and I don't believe its an automated update. Thanks to all who helped support me in the whole fiasco. If package arrives pics to follow

Maybe its just me, but this is very confusing. What happened?

On 3/25/2022 at 12:05 PM, wombat said:

Maybe its just me, but this is very confusing. What happened?

more then a few people have been wondering what happened to this shipping container and it finally popped up. Three people besides me I know of have been inquiring and now were at out for delivery. A board member reached out and was on it , @Countrymom and the shipping manager from cgc Amiri. 

On 3/25/2022 at 11:41 AM, shadroch said:

Here is a bizarre situation I'm having with Amazon.  Two months ago, I bought this Chromebook along with a few food items. They were scheduled to be delivered on a day when much of the country was experiancing really bad weather and FED EX put out alerts. Amazon notified me my shipment would be delayed. It showed up a couple of days later but a week later I got a notification that the shipment was still on it's way. 

Today I get an email from Amazon asking me if I would like to cancel the order or have them reship it. No option to inform them I already have it.  It seems that if I were so inclined, I could easily get another computer or not pay for this one.  It amazes me that Amazon would lose track of a delivery like that, and makes me wonder how often this occurs on a daily basis. 

every shipping courier has their odd stuff that happens. In my opinion what sets all of these guys apart is how willing they are to actually help their customers out. I got lucky with the three folks who helped me out plus the others whos stuff was missing from cgc in that container.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:39 PM, Mmanick said:

every shipping courier has their odd stuff that happens. In my opinion what sets all of these guys apart is how willing they are to actually help their customers out. I got lucky with the three folks who helped me out plus the others whos stuff was missing from cgc in that container.

What did this board member do that helped UPS and/or the CGC Manager (I'm guessing UPS since you say it now scans as out for delivery, meaning the UPS rep that told you that CGC still has the package was wrong) find the missing packages?

I find it odd and almost concerning that you; the recipient, after numerous calls to both parties couldn't get a resolution, but some random 4th party board member was able to resolve it

Edited by JC25427N
4th party I guess in this case, not 3rd party

On 3/25/2022 at 4:44 PM, Qalyar said:

Sigh. I was really happy to have intervened anonymously, but since you seem willing to stoke that into a conspiracy...

I'm the board member who helped out here. I work for UPS Operational Excellence. I can't take credit for finding the package because I don't work in Operations and because that had actually already happened before I got involved. On the other hand, I did work out what was going on from the raw data involved, determine where bad information had been provided (and we're not blameless there, customer service gave some really, really bad information at times), and tried to ensure that nothing else went wrong. Unless something changes, it should deliver some time this evening. Hopefully without any further complications or damages. We'll see. Regardless, my workgroup makes proposals for process improvements; we'll definitely be taking a closer look at this whole sequence of events after the fact.

What I can't do -- and why I was content to be an anonymous benefactor here -- is help everyone who has a problem. I just can't. This isn't the part of the company that I primarily work with, and I just do not have the time to intervene whenever someone here has a late or lost delivery (so please don't everyone DM me like I can). But I'm also not going to let the fact that I looked into this case to somehow snowball into suspicions against the person who deserves the most empathy here.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it come across as conspiratorial.

What I suspected was that enough time had just passed for UPS to find the missing package (which I guess this part was true) and put it back on route to delivery, but some board member coincidentally had reached out with some advice to the author at around the same time and that he was somehow attributing the package being found to that advice.

I'm glad everything is getting resolved 

Hope I don't see your slabs in the "Where was the Quality Control at CGC" thread 

edit: Also (and I don't mean for this to come off as rude), I don't think you need to worry about people DMing you to find their lost packages. As you said, you didn't actually locate them, it sounds like everything would have resolved on it's own without any intervention

Edited by JC25427N

On 3/25/2022 at 2:01 PM, JC25427N said:

Sorry, I didn't mean for it come across as conspiratorial.

What I suspected was that enough time had just passed for UPS to find the missing package (which I guess this part was true) and put it back on route to delivery, but some board member coincidentally had reached out with some advice to the author at around the same time and that he was somehow attributing the package being found to that advice.

I'm glad everything is getting resolved 

Hope I don't see your slabs in the "Where was the Quality Control at CGC" thread 

edit: Also (and I don't mean for this to come off as rude), I don't think you need to worry about people DMing you to find their lost packages. As you said, you didn't actually locate them, it sounds like everything would have resolved on it's own without any intervention

Disagree here. When you say nothing and just sit and wait you don’t get heard. Being proactive in my opinion always helps solve things. 

On 3/25/2022 at 2:58 PM, alexanderjk said:

Thread of the year right here. Fun and inspiring to witness this community pitch in to problem-solve the OP’s missing books.

Not everyone is viewing it the same way. I agree the community helped out big time and helped me understand more of the process behind things.