• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - Needing help! Book stolen
3 3

192 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2022 at 10:25 PM, oakman29 said:

I really think the OP is jumping the gun, and should just wait for his package.  I mean really only 20 days in the mail is not a stolen book like the title of this thread states. Be calm and wait for your book it will get to you. Once I waited nearly a month for 10K book during the worst time of Covid Talk about stressed, but it got to me. 

I too still believe it will arrive eventually.  Hang in there....3685B630-BEA0-4E20-96E3-38AC053F0E1B.gif.1131655dd5af041023686eb695fb4dc5.gif

On 3/23/2022 at 7:25 PM, oakman29 said:

I really think the OP is jumping the gun, and should just wait for his package.  I mean really only 20 days in the mail is not a stolen book like the title of this thread states. Be calm and wait for your book it will get to you. Once I waited nearly a month for 10K book during the worst time of Covid Talk about stressed, but it got to me. 

I think you missed the part where both companies  brought up my book was likely stolen hence the reason I put stolen book 

On 3/23/2022 at 8:50 PM, Mmanick said:

I think you missed the part where both companies  brought up my book was likely stolen hence the reason I put stolen book 

You must have missed the part where I was trying to encourage you so you wont feel so bad. F-me for trying right?

On 3/23/2022 at 11:10 PM, oakman29 said:

You must have missed the part where I was trying to encourage you so you wont feel so bad. F-me for trying right?

Dumb arse. :makepoint:

On 3/23/2022 at 9:10 PM, oakman29 said:

Trying by saying I’m jumping the gun ? I’m not going to argue with anyone. If someone has a problem shoot me a pm I’m not hard to find or talk to. 

Please dont . I have no problems with anyone here, and certainly don't wish to PM . Whatever you wish to do is your business.  I just was trying to say is just give it some time. Shine on sir. I'm done with this conversation. I just dont see your issue, especially since your tracking info says it's on it's way. 

another update: based on the San Pablo movement of the package I called to talk with UPS about the movement. The investigator explained that the package still has not been found even though the tracking updated. Investigator told me the package is still most likely gone rather its stolen, missing in Sarasota FL. However he will make contact with the facility (San Pablo) to have them contact me in to which id have the option to pick up my own package if it is indeed in san Pablo. I called Cgc to speak to them and the response i got from them is the claim hasnt been finished through UPS yet so im in the clear as far as money on my end is concerned as I still have not received any compensation. 

I am also glad that no one wants to meet in a parking lot or argue and thank you all for the positive vibes.:cheers:

Edited by Mmanick

I see that, my husband and I are not the only ones going through, books either stolen or lost? We sent in 21 books on 10/21/21 , they were supposedly sent back our way on 3/3/22. One of those books is 9.0, everything else is 9.6 or higher , even one being a 9.9, and we all know that does not happen often. I have reached out to every UPS  hub, they could possibly be. I have reached out to GCG numerous times to have gotten no where. Matter of fact I just hung up with them to be told again they are lost or stolen, and a claim ,as well as an investigation. So how the heck does 21 books just up and disappear into thin air. I have called the Bakersfield Hub, The Oakley Hub, The Jacksonville Hub, the Jacksonville hub even states they are the last ones that scanned it, and that its  lost or stolen. 

We don't want the money from a claim either, we want the books, they are books that you can not just walk into a comic book store and pull off a shelf and replace.

Hope we all get our books soon! 

cgc.PNG

On 3/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, Countrymom said:

I see that, my husband and I are not the only ones going through, books either stolen or lost? We sent in 21 books on 10/21/21 , they were supposedly sent back our way on 3/3/22. One of those books is 9.0, everything else is 9.6 or higher , even one being a 9.9, and we all know that does not happen often. I have reached out to every UPS  hub, they could possibly be. I have reached out to GCG numerous times to have gotten no where. Matter of fact I just hung up with them to be told again they are lost or stolen, and a claim ,as well as an investigation. So how the heck does 21 books just up and disappear into thin air. I have called the Bakersfield Hub, The Oakley Hub, The Jacksonville Hub, the Jacksonville hub even states they are the last ones that scanned it, and that its  lost or stolen. 

We don't want the money from a claim either, we want the books, they are books that you can not just walk into a comic book store and pull off a shelf and replace.

cgc.PNG

Thank you for posting this and were going through the exact same thing. Sounds like the exact same shipment even. My last tracking says san pablo but was told no guarantee on anything and my package is likely still in florida and I agree I dont want the 100$ i just want the book I sent in

On 3/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, Countrymom said:

cgc.PNG

Wow, 21 books insured for only $100.  That's really going to suck if it doesn't show up.  

On 3/24/2022 at 11:26 AM, 50 Fiddy said:

Wow, 21 books insured for only $100.  That's really going to suck if it doesn't show up.  

The insurance is besides the point though. The company’s i feel should try an help out more with what’s going on as I said before. I understand things happen but it really feels as if only the recipients are actively involved trying to get what they paid for and deserve. 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:48 AM, Mmanick said:

The insurance is besides the point though. The company’s i feel should try an help out more with what’s going on as I said before. I understand things happen but it really feels as if only the recipients are actively involved trying to get what they paid for and deserve. 

As a company there is only so much you can do.  Not a lot that cgc can do since the packages were sent out and got lost by the carrier.  Sure they can call UPS everyday for the status, but why would they when they're already considering paying out the insurance claim.  

I'm sure if a customers package was properly insured and was worth a lot more then they would probably be more proactive.  For a $100 claim it may not be even with it to spend the payroll chasing something that is out of their control.  

On 3/24/2022 at 11:26 AM, 50 Fiddy said:

you can add more insurance to it as we did, But that does not cover the books at all especially after being graded. I have one that is 9.8 from 1953, its a book that means a lot to me, I rather have the book  not the money. Money cant bring back the memories from that particular book. 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:16 AM, Mmanick said:

Thank you for posting this and were going through the exact same thing. Sounds like the exact same shipment even. My last tracking says san pablo but was told no guarantee on anything and my package is likely still in florida and I agree I dont want the 100$ i just want the book I sent in

We just want our books as well, Some belong to us personally and some to customers we sent books in for. 

So we have a smart here I see. The books are insured with extra insurance due to the fact some are very unreplaceable. It's not my fault they can't be found. As I mentioned before some of these books are not something you can just grab off a comic book shelf. 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:58 AM, 50 Fiddy said:

As a company there is only so much you can do.  Not a lot that cgc can do since the packages were sent out and got lost by the carrier.  Sure they can call UPS everyday for the status, but why would they when they're already considering paying out the insurance claim.  

I'm sure if a customers package was properly insured and was worth a lot more then they would probably be more proactive.  For a $100 claim it may not be even with it to spend the payroll chasing something that is out of their control.  

As the poster who talked about the propane tank all you have to do is find a motivated seller to help. Cgc should do business that low if they dont care about it because it's only a 100 claim. Its not my fault my package is lost. It seems no matter the dollar amount though cgc doesnt help much as stated by country mom as they put more insurance then I did. One thing I think that's being missed is the connection we have to these books that you really cant put a dollar amount on.