• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - Needing help! Book stolen
3 3

192 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2022 at 10:30 AM, Mmanick said:

another update: based on the San Pablo movement of the package I called to talk with UPS about the movement. The investigator explained that the package still has not been found even though the tracking updated. Investigator told me the package is still most likely gone rather its stolen, missing in Sarasota FL. However he will make contact with the facility (San Pablo) to have them contact me in to which id have the option to pick up my own package if it is indeed in san Pablo. I called Cgc to speak to them and the response i got from them is the claim hasnt been finished through UPS yet so im in the clear as far as money on my end is concerned as I still have not received any compensation. 

I am also glad that no one wants to meet in a parking lot or argue and thank you all for the positive vibes.:cheers:

I just don't understand this at all. What is getting updated if they don't have the package?

On 3/24/2022 at 3:06 PM, wombat said:

I just don't understand this at all. What is getting updated if they don't have the package?

On 3/24/2022 at 3:30 PM, Mmanick said:

I wish I could answer that question. 

My guess is that the "shipment delayed" tracking updates are blanket updates applied to the tracking number of every package that was SUPPOSED to be on that truck/boxcar/whatever.  There was nothing actually scanned to generate that update, so even if they don't have the book, the tracking system thinks it was part of a delayed shipment.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:35 PM, Axe Elf said:

My guess is that the "shipment delayed" tracking updates are blanket updates applied to the tracking number of every package that was SUPPOSED to be on that truck/boxcar/whatever.  There was nothing actually scanned to generate that update, so even if they don't have the book, the tracking system thinks it was part of a delayed shipment.

Thanks and it sounds about right. 

Yes. It doesn't sound like it's getting updated past a certain point (where it actually doesn't get scanned). It sounds like an automated message. The system KNOWS how long a package should take to get from facility A to facility B. Once it exceeds that time factor without being scanned in, it probably drops in some automated delay message...possibly with some waypoint information. Bakersfield to Northern California should not take multiple days or almost a week... It's about a four-hour drive to the Bay Area.

I can mail a Priority Mail package to another person in the Bay Area. It will probably go to the Oakland facility that night, be sorted, and then be delivered the next day. (Even for 2-Day.)

On 3/24/2022 at 3:51 PM, thunsicker said:

Best of luck to both of you.  I'll just add my hope that the shipments do show up eventually.  I've had plenty of shipments that did this and it's never pleasant.

+1. Hey bro, I hope it pops up and everything works out well. In these situations we have to keep the faith! In the event it doesn’t show up, something good will come along when you least expect it! :wishluck: I know because you’re a good dude!

On 3/24/2022 at 2:06 PM, SpideyFein said:

+1. Hey bro, I hope it pops up and everything works out well. In these situations we have to keep the faith! In the event it doesn’t show up, something good will come along when you least expect it! :wishluck: I know because you’re a good dude!

Thanks 🙏 hoping 

On 3/24/2022 at 4:52 PM, Mmanick said:

Thanks 🙏 hoping 

I'm hoping too, I had similar from a different carrier, yet again, not coming back from cgc.

They were able to say "GPS puts it at your door," the time it went missing and within a month ago.

Happened 2nd time last week that, a neighbor showed up with a package that was still "out for delivery" according to tracking. I called the carrier, since this was a second time in a month, yet I got the package from a neighbor at this time.

Didnt start a "case" but wanted them to know, then not 5 minutes later I got off the phone, it was "marked delivered from 5 hours earlier. 

I called back in a huff, cause I wanted to "start a case"  :roflmao:

I mean if they truly scanned it at 10 am, how is it I was able to receive it as misdelivered from a neighbor when tracking still said out for delivery at 3pm, And or, if he marked it as misdelivered, how did he then mark it "delivered at 10 am" after I complained but didnt start a case lol

The hypocrisy of it all, left me going, fool me once, fool me twice etc.

Still a long way of saying when misdelivered they've come by to scan the package I had returned by a neighbor, before anyway.

Also, the first time, it said gps was at my door, even though I was home all day, and I wanted an agent to call to talk after report, to see what the problem was. New carriers on route?

Just so I'd know, that's why I started a case, but no call, they just sent a survey asking howd they do?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm hoping too, I had similar from a different carrier, yet again, not coming back from cgc.

They were able to say "GPS puts it at your door," the time it went missing and within a month ago.

Happened 2nd time last week that, a neighbor showed up with a package that was still "out for delivery" according to tracking. I called the carrier, since this was a second time in a month, yet I got the package from a neighbor at this time.

Didnt start a "case" but wanted them to know, then not 5 minutes later I got off the phone, it was "marked delivered from 5 hours earlier. 

I called back in a huff, cause I wanted to "start a case"  :roflmao:

I mean if they truly scanned it at 10 am, how is it I was able to receive it as misdelivered from a neighbor when tracking still said out for delivery at 3pm, And or, if he marked it as misdelivered, how did he then mark it "delivered at 10 am" after I complained but didnt start a case lol

The hypocrisy of it all, left me going, fool me once, fool me twice etc.

Still a long way of saying when misdelivered they've come by to scan the package I had returned by a neighbor, before anyway.

Also, the first time, it said gps was at my door, even though I was home all day, and I wanted an agent to call to talk after report, to see what the problem was. New carriers on route?

Just so I'd know, that's why I started a case, but no call, they just sent a survey asking howd they do?

And stuff like this is why I have a PO Box specifically for my comic deliveries. They're cheap and pay themselves over with peace of mind.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:39 PM, Tnexus said:

And stuff like this is why I have a PO Box specifically for my comic deliveries. They're cheap and pay themselves over with peace of mind.

That's what I've had recommended to me after this past month, did you say it was $200+ a year?

On 3/24/2022 at 12:01 PM, Countrymom said:

you can add more insurance to it as we did, But that does not cover the books at all especially after being graded. I have one that is 9.8 from 1953, its a book that means a lot to me, I rather have the book  not the money. Money cant bring back the memories from that particular book. 

Of course.  Your situation sounds pretty bad considering the amount of books and the sentimental value of the books.  If I were in the same situation I too would want the books back.

On 3/24/2022 at 4:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's what I've had recommended to me after this past month, did you say it was $200+ a year?

Less than that. I think mine is about $130 a year, and that's in the middle of LA. Just get the smallest one and pick up the packages from the clerk or the machine if they have it.

Edited by Tnexus

On 3/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, littledoom said:

I had a comic lost by UPSP recently. I had to refund the buyer fully. So I’m out that and the original cost of the book. Was only a $1 but still. Coulda made $35 on a hot book!

sorry to hear that. USPS is usually pretty good to 

On 3/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, Mmanick said:

sorry to hear that. USPS is usually pretty good to 

Yes! The last time this happened was before this decade. Like 5+ years ago! So I’m good with that! The last thing they lost was a leather journal roughly similar $30 cost

On 3/25/2022 at 11:09 AM, littledoom said:

Yes! The last time this happened was before this decade. Like 5+ years ago! So I’m good with that! The last thing they lost was a leather journal roughly similar $30 cost

have you called anyone yet or reached out to usps?

On 3/25/2022 at 11:23 AM, Mmanick said:

have you called anyone yet or reached out to usps?

Local PO then filed Missing mail search online. My buyer couldn’t wait more than 10 days for the search to the already 30 days b4 he messaged me. I can’t even call IRS rn so it’s a lost cause

Here is a bizarre situation I'm having with Amazon.  Two months ago, I bought this Chromebook along with a few food items. They were scheduled to be delivered on a day when much of the country was experiancing really bad weather and FED EX put out alerts. Amazon notified me my shipment would be delayed. It showed up a couple of days later but a week later I got a notification that the shipment was still on it's way. 

Today I get an email from Amazon asking me if I would like to cancel the order or have them reship it. No option to inform them I already have it.  It seems that if I were so inclined, I could easily get another computer or not pay for this one.  It amazes me that Amazon would lose track of a delivery like that, and makes me wonder how often this occurs on a daily basis.