• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman #2 love

40 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2022 at 10:33 PM, woowoo said:

24 really Richard 3 blows it away 9 Ya 14 oh Ya all you got is some bad cover Action 6 on pic one than Batman in pic 2 where are your Sups ? :manhero:161488.thumb.jpg.5598cb2ad9e3c236f64ae12ef172694f.jpgDyMkA4Gh.jpg.d28ba0988d5749410a3505ce78182f99.jpg

That is one handsome dude right there.

On 3/23/2022 at 12:38 AM, jmg3637 said:

Here is my copy..  About as close to a Gold MEGA key as i was able to obtain.

As I recall  iy was restored  and sold on eBay by Blissard's father,  THE DENTIST,, under hid Bigloo moniker 

Superman2.jpg

Are you serious Blissards father is The Dentist?

On 3/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, fishbone said:

With Supes #1 getting out of hand $$$, who has some love for #2

On 3/22/2022 at 9:27 AM, Robot Man said:

I have often felt that a lot of second issues were harder to find.

Not sure if they are a lot harder to find or not, but for sure books like Action 2, 'Tec 28, Bat 2, and Supes 2 are most certainly much more affordable than their preceeding more iconic historic issues.  :luhv:  :takeit:

On 3/24/2022 at 10:58 AM, fishbone said:
On 3/24/2022 at 4:42 AM, Readcomix said:

Dunno….except for maybe #14, I’d say #23 beats the first 20. Not much else jumps to mind north of 20, though.

@SkOw you might enjoy this thread, Matt!

yes, there are one or two here and there for sure .........

Most definitely as I still remember including Superman 14 with the classic patriotic shield cover as one of my Top 5 GA covers for a CBM survey back in the mid 90's.  Then again, what do I know since I was the only person to include 'Tec 31 or Punch 12 in my list of Top 5 GA covers at the time.  :whatthe:

Also can't argue against Superman 23 as that's an absolutely classic close up periscope shot of Superman.  :luhv:  :takeit:

On 3/25/2022 at 11:05 AM, lou_fine said:

Most definitely as I still remember including Superman 14 with the classic patriotic shield cover as one of my Top 5 GA covers for a CBM survey back in the mid 90's.  Then again, what do I know since I was the only person to include 'Tec 31 or Punch 12 in my list of Top 5 GA covers at the time.  :whatthe:

Also can't argue against Superman 23 as that's an absolutely classic close up periscope shot of Superman.  :luhv:  :takeit:

Yeah, 23 is great Supes is so pizzed!

I know I am in the minority, but I much prefer the patriotic flag cover of 24 over 14.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:52 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, if you love the cover image for Superman 3, then I imagine you must also love this stamp from Canada then:  :luhv:

Superman Canada Postage Stamp | Comic Book Superheroes

I've got the breaking chains one somewhere too ... will dig it out....