• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Tracking and Turn Around Times

10 posts in this topic

Why is Submission tracking only 8 moths when Turn Around Times are getting longer than that?

I submitted a book in April 2021, and it was opened in May of 2021. Submitted for grading and pressing. I had asked about the books status in October 2021 and was told that current Turn Around Time for CCS was 200 working days. In January I had to ask again because my submission had fallen off the submission board and the tracking number wasn't working. In January I was told the CCS Turn around time was now 229 working days. At the beginning of March I saw the Turn around times were now listed at 249 working days, and looking again today (23MAR2022) Turn around time has jumped to 281 working days. 

And that time is only the CCS function, then it has to go back through Grading services which currently has a Turn around time of 122 Working days. Even if those time table don't expand again until my book is through that is an estimate 403 working days until my book makes it through the entire process. There are only about 260 working days in a calendar year. 

When I try and use the number tracking for my submission 3849564 it errors out. I was also told by CGC Customer Service back in January that they knew the Submission Tracker was having issues. 

"Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing some issues with the submission tracking.  Some invoices are not displaying properly, even when the information is entered in the search bar.  We are working on that problem now and hope to have that fixed ASAP." 

Can CGC remove the 8 month limit on displaying submissions?

If Not, can CGC fix the submission tracking feature?

Can CGC notify customers when Turn Around Times are drawn out?

I don't like being kept in the dark about the status of my book. It shouldn't take an act of god to find out the basic status. 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  We are working on updating our system to allow access to all submissions in the submission tracking screen regardless of the date.  At present, submissions that are older than 8 months that are still with CCS won't show up in the search feature until they move to the CGC side for grading.  We do understand that is frustrating and we are working on a resolution for that,  however, it is a major programming change so that will take some time to be completed.  

In the meantime, you can call or email customer service any time for an update on your submissions.  You can reach us at 877-662-6642 or at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

CGC posts the arrival dates of packages that are being opened...would it be possible for CGC to start posting the arrival dates (or submission dates) of the economy (and modern) that being graded now, i.e. "Economy Submissions from Sept.2021 are being graded now" ? 

if can't be done would be a good thread by customers to post their recent arrivals with submission dates..unless this is already being done...I can't find it though

Edited by Ed Hanes

I thought if CGC/CCS received a book, the date of turn around time is based on when it was received. My books were received 10/21/2021 with 188 days turn around time. It wouldn’t grow to 229. That would be for later dates books were received. Is that not correct? If not, can I recall my books? It’s been almost 180 days. I could get my books back, send them to a reputable presser with a 4 week turn around and submit again to CGC or CBCS as a fast track and get this all done before the extended 229 days.

• Administrator

Hello, thank you for your message.  Yes, the turnaround time does start when the package is received, however, that does not mean the the turnaround time of that package cannot change from what it was when you sent the order in.  There are many factors that go into the turnaround times including how many other submissions were received in the same week.  We generally receive about 30-40 thousand submissions a week and depending on how many of those are in the same tier or have the same services as your invoice could factor into a longer turnaround time.  We also can't say exactly how long it will take to grade or press one invoice.  That will vary from submission to submission.  Sometimes the graders need more time with a particular book or sometimes a book may require multiple passes through the pressing machine. All of these things can extend the turnaround time.  We try to provide the best estimate we can but those sorts of variables will cause fluctuations in the time. 

Thank you! 

Had this today! I hit the 8 month wait mark, and a daily ritual of mine is to check the status of my order, now each time I will have to enter the submission! Makes me feel even more forgotten! 

On 6/17/2022 at 6:56 AM, Sulkie said:

CCS is a separate company and technically has nothing to do with CGC. You don't have to press your books (shrug)

Understood...you don't have to press them...and I know they are separate " companies"  ...but you are sending your books to the same address for both....I have books that were sent in March of 2021 for press AND grade .... that are still in the RECEIVED at CCS mode at this time...sorry...just frustrating

On 3/24/2022 at 9:33 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  We are working on updating our system to allow access to all submissions in the submission tracking screen regardless of the date.  At present, submissions that are older than 8 months that are still with CCS won't show up in the search feature until they move to the CGC side for grading.  We do understand that is frustrating and we are working on a resolution for that,  however, it is a major programming change so that will take some time to be completed.  

In the meantime, you can call or email customer service any time for an update on your submissions.  You can reach us at 877-662-6642 or at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

So @Jennifer F., how are things going with the Submission Tracking change?  Thanks.

• Administrator
On 6/21/2022 at 2:31 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

So @Jennifer F., how are things going with the Submission Tracking change?  Thanks.

Unfortunately, we don't have a time frame on when that will be updated but it is on the list of programming updates that will happen at some point.  

Thanks!