• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book art in your community

8 posts in this topic

I always enjoy seeing comic book heroes and villains in unexpected places, whether it’s in graffiti, school art projects, or weirder places still.

Are there any examples in your community that you’d like to share with your fellow boardies? 

(This may be a short-lived topic because it’s kinda scavenger-hunty, but we’ll see…)

Here’s the catalyst for this topic:

DD2E36E9-25A7-4926-8F0D-06F495ACC8B4.thumb.jpeg.5b3e6e22c25f3c7fa3b707c0334e4019.jpeg

A local pizza place has a wrought iron Wolverine door* that I think is awesome.

My wife says that Wolverine looks like he just got kicked in the X-Nuggets. I reminded her that, while Wolverine has fast healing and regeneration powers, getting kicked in the X-Nuggets still *hurts*.

(*They also have pretty good pizza.)

On 3/27/2022 at 1:11 PM, Bird said:

when I lived in Indiana for grad school I went to a bunch of local elementary schools. Many had huge Garfield murals that Jim Davis drew at assemblies and then would donate to the school.

Pretty cool that Jim Davis did that.

I will say that when my daughter was in high school, she and her friends loved Garfield ironically (but with that generation I think ironic love is still love).

My avatar is from graffiti in Alajuela, Costa Rica. I like it because it is in a comic art style, imo.

I found 3 of these by the same street artist, scattered around Alajuela, in late 2018. 

They have since been painted over by the city.  A real shame.

20181201_092502.thumb.jpg.dd05a1638c99c5206afe430bcb04e8fc.jpg20181129_080449_HDR.thumb.jpg.01c74b736a4d95c775b76805c7d8023f.jpg