• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Forum - Toxic Environment?
8 8

382 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2022 at 10:48 AM, eastriver31400 said:

I have a novel theory of just what causes CGC Forum toxicity:

1) Log onto CGC daily to check status of submissions;

2) Receive your dose of daily disappointment;

3) Check "Current Turnaround time" thread;

4) Receive another dose of daily disappointment;

5) Read about submissions that received super fast turnaround time for no viable reason;

6) Yet another dose of daily disappointment;

7) Check "Quality Control" thread;

8) You guessed it. Yet another dose of daily disappointment now coupled with anxiety; 

9) Consider abandoning the hobby altogether;

10) RAGE.

tumblr_mzema1VD6w1r1ouklo1_500.gif.6723693e07028e8bc3cb248f322424f8.gif

On 3/30/2022 at 10:00 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:gossip: There really is no safe space . 

If they were to try to create one it would have to be single thread for each user where no ones else was allowed into their safe space.. 

Sounds like the notes app on a phone or notepad on a computer.

Either way, good news, it even works offline! :cheers:

On 3/31/2022 at 2:35 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You can still be an adult & tattletale....no?

Sure.....which is why I added the word "chronic".

On 3/31/2022 at 12:36 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Sure.....which is why I added the word "chronic".

the boards should not be a place where people work out their grudges and personal issues.  Those type posts should be reported.  They say all that is necessary for evil to triumph is good men do nothing after all.  It's common for evil to complain when their activities get reported.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:53 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The boards should also not be a place where someone is allowed to puke every off-topic thought that ever enters their head into every thread that they can access.  Those type of posts should be reported too.  But that would mean that hundreds of additional posts get reported daily.  Normal adults learn to distinguish between reasonable and crazy.

One man's puke is another man's funny post.  There's an entire thread on that.  But sure, report if you feel it doesnt belong.
Grudge posting and attacks are an entirely different level of NOPE.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:43 PM, kav said:

the boards should not be a place where people work out their grudges and personal issues.  Those type posts should be reported.  They say all that is necessary for evil to triumph is good men do nothing after all.  It's common for evil to complain when their activities get reported.

I don’t appreciate your constant ‘that’s what she said’.:makepoint: :pullhair:

52F2626F-3964-4B45-B373-8C0ECE508D2C.gif

On 3/31/2022 at 2:55 PM, kav said:

One man's puke is another man's funny post.  There's an entire thread on that.  But sure, report if you feel it doesnt belong.
Grudge posting and attacks are an entirely different level of NOPE.

Puke is puke.  A rose by any other name.....

And who has grudge posted and attacked in here?  If something is striking a chord....then perhaps a little self-evaluation is in order.  And chronic button-humping is, in itself, an attack based on a grudge.  It's why some in here have been smacked with vacations in the past. hm

On 3/31/2022 at 1:01 PM, Domo Arigato said:

And who has grudge posted and attacked in here? 

Please dont try to play this one.  :facepalm:

On 3/31/2022 at 3:02 PM, kav said:

Please dont try to play this one.  :facepalm:

You replied directly to me first, but I don't consider that to be a grudge post and attack.  However, as I mentioned above....

On 3/31/2022 at 3:01 PM, Domo Arigato said:

If something is striking a chord....then perhaps a little self-evaluation is in order. 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:09 PM, Domo Arigato said:

You replied directly to me first, but I don't consider that to be a grudge post and attack.  However, as I mentioned above....

Youre the one that keeps complaining about button humping-its quite obvious to everyone you know what youre doing.  Your posts stand by themselves and are quite obvious.  Dont play heavens to betsy what are you talking about.  Use one a them mirrors you heard about.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:11 PM, kav said:

Youre the one that keeps complaining about button humping-its quite obvious to everyone you know what youre doing. 

And you seem to be taking it personally for some reason.  I wonder if it's obvious to people why that is.  Mirrors sure are neat.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 3/31/2022 at 8:48 AM, eastriver31400 said:

I have a novel theory of just what causes CGC Forum toxicity:

1) Log onto CGC daily to check status of submissions;

2) Receive your dose of daily disappointment;

3) Check "Current Turnaround time" thread;

4) Receive another dose of daily disappointment;

5) Read about submissions that received super fast turnaround time for no viable reason;

6) Yet another dose of daily disappointment;

7) Check "Quality Control" thread;

8) You guessed it. Yet another dose of daily disappointment now coupled with anxiety; 

9) Consider abandoning the hobby altogether;

10) RAGE.

This is great post!  RAGE !!!

On 3/31/2022 at 11:50 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Or, maybe they could grow up.

Agree, all this talk about safe spaces is part of the problem.  People shouldn't have to self sensor, just about any post (or anything someone says for that matter) could be offensive to someone, you just need a large enough audience. 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:25 PM, JJ-4 said:

Agree, all this talk about safe spaces is part of the problem.  People shouldn't have to self sensor, just about any post (or anything someone says for that matter) could be offensive to someone, you just need a large enough audience. 

Get back to me after someone has been trolling you for a year, including finding a one year old PM so they could nasty message you because you have them blocked from PMs-

Edited by kav

On 3/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, D2 said:

My last point is, I get it, I do, but I am just hoping that some people read this, and I'm writing this out to myself as well, where I can correct some of my behaviours that I've developed, and rebuild a foundation to what I think to be is one of the greatest niche hobbies, filled with clever and insightful individuals that anyone could ask for. 

(thumbsu