• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*CLOSED* WTB Batman Timm sketch

18 posts in this topic

Hey all - just wondering if anyone has a Bruce Timm Batman they’d be willing to part with? Would strongly prefer a full body or at least a bust… I’m not really as interested in just the headshots. Actually saw someone selling a great Timm Wolverine (Hulk #181 version) headshot and showed it to my grown son who still loves B:TAS and he said it would make a great SECOND Timm piece, but it can’t really be our first. Made me realize just how much I know he’d appreciate it if I could add a cool Timm Batman to my collection… since ultimately it’s for him someday anyway. 
Way more info than you wanted LOL, but there you go!
Frank

Edited by fmaz

By the way, originally I was looking/hoping to find a BT Batman in action… which, I know, is both hard and quite pricey.

But I’ve changed courses.  Now I’d just like to track down a Batman head sketch.  I just purchased something I want to pair it with that I’m really excited about.  Fingers crossed I can make it happen.  

Anyway, if anyone knows of someone with one  - please let me know. 

Frank

I might have just what you're looking for, as my oldest just went off the deep into emo bands, and wants to swap out My Chemical Romance tour posters for our framed Timm head sketches (Batman, Joker, Harley, framed together). I might keep it for myself, but it might work for you... I'll take a picture when I get home tonight. 

Bob

On 4/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

I might have just what you're looking for, as my oldest just went off the deep into emo bands, and wants to swap out My Chemical Romance tour posters for our framed Timm head sketches (Batman, Joker, Harley, framed together). I might keep it for myself, but it might work for you... I'll take a picture when I get home tonight. 

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Bob

Too funny. Helena is a fantastic song. 

Edited by Stefanomjr

Bob

Easily broken up into three separate and sold that way, but went to the trouble of professionally framing them and they look great together. 

F9ED541D-7EAD-4229-9EEE-25054BC016BD.jpeg

On 4/25/2022 at 9:09 AM, Sideshow Bob said:

Easily broken up into three separate and sold that way, but went to the trouble of professionally framing them and they look great together. 

They do look good together (although the red pulls your eyes away from the head sketches, which is why I like the Jeff Jones method) The Joker is my favorite of those 3.

I finally got on Timm's list through Albert last year (email sent within minutes of announcement) but Timm rejected my choice (Clea). makes me a sadfan

On 4/25/2022 at 9:09 AM, Sideshow Bob said:

Asking $5k on this professionally framed set (UV, museum plexiglass). That price is retail (which sell out in minutes), with the professional framing thrown in. Shipping is on you, or pickup in NYC. Please only PM me, no replies here. And thanks to Frank for permission to hijack his WTB thread with this one-and-only post... Bob

Edited by Sideshow Bob

On 4/25/2022 at 1:32 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Asking $5k on this professionally framed set (UV, museum plexiglass). That price is retail (which sell out in minutes), with the professional framing thrown in. Shipping is on you, or pickup in NYC. Please only PM me, no replies here. And thanks to Frank for permission to hijack his WTB thread with this one-and-only post... Bob

Yep, I’m still looking for a Batman sketch but that awesome trio of Bob’s deserves a new home! 

Hey Frank:
Bird is referring to this Batman sketch cover that Albert had available at this past weekend's NJ Comic Art Con.  I wouldn't doubt it is still available.  The last time Albert did a Timm LiveCon, he was selling similar 9x12's/sketch cover Batman or Joker headshots for $1500 USD, while Harley's were $1200.  So I suspect that is what he is asking for the one in this picture.  And he gives you the option to CGC it.  Albert's justifying that price because he has buyers that are paying that, and that Timm is so busy working on the new Batman animation, that any new supply may be few and far between.

image.png.cf4c1b9d44ffa84a2c6b7ab5ddc26ad9.png

Every time I turn my head, the price of Timm pieces goes up even more.  To think that as recently as late 2017, I was at a con where he was pumping out those pieces for $100.  Kudos to Albert for working hard for his clients, but the current prices seem ludicrous to me.  With the upcoming Comic Art Live event on May 21/22, maybe you'll luck out and find something at a price point that makes sense.  I've recently come across quite a few gems that way.  Good luck in your quest.

Edited by modelmaker

On 4/25/2022 at 7:27 PM, modelmaker said:

Hey Frank:
Bird is referring to this Batman sketch cover that Albert had available at this past weekend's NJ Comic Art Con.  I wouldn't doubt it is still available.  The last time Albert did a Timm LiveCon, he was selling similar 9x12's/sketch cover Batman or Joker headshots for $1500 USD, while Harley's were $1200.  So I suspect that is what he is asking for the one in this picture.  And he gives you the option to CGC it.  Albert's justifying that price because he has buyers that are paying that, and that Timm is so busy working on the new Batman animation, that any new supply may be few and far between.

image.png.cf4c1b9d44ffa84a2c6b7ab5ddc26ad9.png

Every time I turn my head, the price of Timm pieces goes up even more.  To think that as recently as late 2017, I was at a con where he was pumping out those pieces for $100.  Kudos to Albert for working hard for his clients, but the current prices seem ludicrous to me.  With the upcoming Comic Art Live event on May 21/22, maybe you'll luck out and find something at a price point that makes sense.  I've recently come across quite a few gems that way.  Good luck in your quest.

Thanks!  Yeah, that price point is a bit crazy IMHO for a sketch like that… but I really shouldn’t say that. Nothing is crazy if people will pay it. I just will be patient.   

Plus the blue cover wouldn’t work for what I’m trying to do anyway… when I get the companion piece in the mail (should be here in the next week) I’ll share it and hopefully it’ll make sense to people.  All I have now is a lower res image so I prefer to wait until it’s in hand. 

Hey all - rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd just amend my current one.

I'm still in the market for a Timm Batman head... but considering where price/availability is right now... it might make sense to consider some alternatives. 

I do eventually want a Timm because I know how much it'll mean to my son... but right now I'm as much focused on a Batman head that will be from an artist whose Batman is meaningful to me (Timm would have worked on both levels).

So some other options I'm open to are:

Giordano
Carmine Infantino
Shelly Moldoff
Jim Aparo

To a lesser extent
Ernie Chan
Irv Novick

Not looking for full body, just really need a nice quality head (prefer front on, not side). I'm trying to match this with a Robin and frame them together, which is why I'm being particular in this way.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out in the usual places, but if anyone has a line on one, or one of those available that they don't really have a use for, drop me a line.

Thanks

On 4/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, fmaz said:

Have a tentative line on a Timm Batman (and perhaps even a Joker and MAYBE a Harley if I’m greedy)… but at very least a Batman. So thanks to all who helped. Will let you know when it’s confirmed.

Deal is all set! Batman, Joker, Harley AND a mini Batman Beyond which I don’t need so I’ll probably put it up for sale. Will post photos when they arrive!