• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a beauty!Nicest Pep 23 I've seen.

63 posts in this topic

I've seen more copies of 26 then 23. 28 seems common as well as 32,33 and 34. 34 is sought after because of the strange Fuji cover. Gerber did his thing before ebay where all sorts of books have come out of the woodwork. As an MLJ collector these books seem less scarce to me because this is what I've focused on. But believe me, compared to DC and timely, these books are few and far between, especially in a decent grade.

I agree with Black Hand, just from my perspective on Quality Police Comics and Plastic Man. For example, I believe Gerber dropped mostly 4 or 5s on the PC 1-102 and PM 1-64. He dropped 6 on PC 11 and PM 9. I have found that PC 102 is looking to be a 6 as well. I would like to see new SI data collected and a new Gerber published. Of course, that probably won't happen.

IMO in order of importance they are:

Pep 36 (first Archie cover) cool.gif

Pep 26 (first Veronica) cloud9.gif

Pep 23 (second Archie)

Pep 27 (classic cover)

Pep 34 (classic cover)

Pep 24 (third Archie)

Pep 25 (fifth Archie)

Pep 41 (second Archie cover)

Pep 30 (classic cover)

Pep 29 (Schomburg cover)

Pep 28 (cool Hangman cover)

Pep 32 (cool cover)

Pep 31 (excellent contents)

Pep 33, 35, 37-40 confused-smiley-013.gif

What's your opinion?

You know, you are almost making me want to abandon my quest of owning a complet run of Whiz Comics in FN/VF or Better, Captain Marvel Adventures FN/VF or Better, Police Comics 1-102 FN/VF or Better, and Plastic Man (Quality) FN/VF or Better.

24 (VF-), 25(VF+), 27(FN+), 28(FN+), 32(VF-), 33(VF), 34(F/VF) and 36(FN+).

I used to have a real nice #30, but in a moment of foolishness I traded it away. I'm dreading the day I see it pop up in a 9.4 CGC slab and sell for ungodly $ frown.gif

Good question. So far, it's pretty much the usual suspects (at least 4 of whom are Board members). I still haven't decided how seriously I'm going to go after this book. Definitely not credit card serious though 27_laughing.gif

He's the guy who owns the mile high action #1 among other things. He's the "Dentist". He's Dave Anderson. He's a straight shooter.

I'd like to thumb through a collection like his one day. cloud9.gif I wonder if he is still actively collecting?

He is. The DC area guys see him at shows all the time with his son.

I'm betting it goes under two grand or even 1 and 1/2 guide. If so I still might make a run at it. but we won't know until the last 10 minutes.See, a book like that, a vg would do me. Books like 36 and 41 and 29 and 51 and 20 I like nicer copies.