• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a beauty!Nicest Pep 23 I've seen.

63 posts in this topic

He's the guy who owns the mile high action #1 among other things. He's the "Dentist". He's Dave Anderson. He's a straight shooter.

He sold me a Batman #2 a long time ago (I was half my current age) from an ad he put in CBG. Nice guy and he could probably tell how young I was because he gave me a sweet discount.

Marc

The best thing about this auction is that Dave has upgraded somewhere and this is his discard copy. 893whatthe.gif

Just checked the Gerber Scarcity Index on this book and it shows up as a "5". I guess this means that Gerber rated it as "less than average" in terms of scarcity with a total estimated population of 200 - 500 copies.

No idea if this number would be close to reality or not, however. confused-smiley-013.gif

The thing about those early Archie Peps is that they tend to stay in collections for a while. Their value is rising so rapidly that people hold on to the more significant, earlier ones.

Actually, would a equivalent condition copy of Pep #26 with the first appearance of Veronica Lodge be worth more money in the real marketplace, than this second ever appearance of Archie, and which would be tougher to find?

Just wondering for curosity sake. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Those are both very tough books to find and highly sought after. I'm not sure that #26 is worth any more than #23 though. I think Gerber had no idea what he was talking about when he rated those issues as "5s." Either there are a ton of people hoarding copies of 22-36, or they're a lot scarcer than Gerber states. Either way, in a functional sense, they are very scarce. At the moment, I can tell you where to get one copy each of 22, 23, 25, 28, 30 and 31. There are also 2 copies of 34 that I know of for sale. None of these books are priced to sell (some are priced to keep 27_laughing.gif)