• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW 9.7 Grade coming!
2 2

38 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2022 at 8:14 AM, Jeffro. said:

I propose we add .1 increments to every grade.

9.85, etc. you get the idea. We need more granularity and people need to know the difference between and 9.8 and and 9.82

Also, let's take take CGC grading to 11 because 10 simply isn't good enough. This post approved by Nigel Tufnel

Using the dewey decimal system is all well and good, but is there a way to get CGC to properly grade and encapsulate comics like they used to?  Asking for a friend. :shy:

On 4/10/2022 at 11:30 AM, Galen130 said:
On 4/10/2022 at 10:14 AM, Jeffro. said:

9.85, etc. you get the idea. We need more granularity and people need to know the difference between and 9.8 and and 9.82

Also, let's take take CGC grading to 11 because 10 simply isn't good enough. This post approved by Nigel Tufnel

Expand  

Using the dewey decimal system is all well and good, but is there a way to get CGC to properly grade and encapsulate comics like they used to?  Asking for a friend. :shy:

:eyeroll: The CGC boards is no place for sane and reasonable suggestions. P'shaw, I say. P'shaw!

On 4/10/2022 at 10:14 AM, Jeffro. said:

Also, let's take CGC grading to 11 because 10 simply isn't good enough. This post approved by Nigel Tufnel

100 point grading scale

grade.jpg

On 4/10/2022 at 12:25 PM, Mosh It Up said:

You laugh, but Metropolis did this all the time back in the day, before CGC. I even wrote a letter to Maggie at CBG asking why she allowed the supposed "industry leader" to advertise as such in her publication. They would regularly use intentionally misleading grades like "VF/VF++" :makepoint:

Oh, I remember. They also have 6.8, etc.