• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CA 217 - very sharp copy
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Hello folks!

The copy is in superb shape but I am not sure how to grade on one little odd defect.   Just help it out for me.  Right now I am currently selling my nearly full run of Cap in a mixed age sale thread.   I put it on hold until I get the right grade.  I would say it NM but I let you to judge it.

Look at the lower right corner then go up to white hair man's orange shirt.  Thank you for giving it a grade.

CA217.thumb.jpeg.5cc46da67ba8cf3fed4569417ab87ee7.jpeg

CA217bc.thumb.jpeg.dd02080cbc33a034fa369556508d043a.jpeg

Looks to be a bit of sun fade. Part of the cover was exposed while the rest was likely kept safe in a stack.

It's a minor flaw IMO. 8.5/9.0.

Thanks for posting.

On 4/10/2022 at 4:41 PM, grendelbo said:

Looks to be a bit of sun fade. Part of the cover was exposed while the rest was likely kept safe in a stack.

It's a minor flaw IMO. 8.5/9.0.

Thanks for posting.

What grade do you think without minor sun fade?

On 4/10/2022 at 3:57 PM, JollyComics said:

What grade do you think without minor sun fade?

Strong 9.0. There's some discoloration/aging around the edges of the back cover and one corner is slightly blunted. Maybe 9.2.

On 4/10/2022 at 5:14 PM, grendelbo said:

Strong 9.0. There's some discoloration/aging around the edges of the back cover and one corner is slightly blunted. Maybe 9.2.

The back cover is glossy. The scanner and I see differently. There is no discoloration on the back cover.  There is no single blunted corner.  I would blame on my old scanner for not selling well.

Edited by JollyComics