• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales #110
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I've been pursuing a copy of Strange Tales #110. I thought the price peeked, but kept seeing graded copies for the mystery-miracle-price-asking-range. I felt my opportunity had come and gone. Now, there is hope.

Yesterday, a CGC 8.5 sold for $26,400 ($22,000 + fees) on HA. There's several 8.5s available but everyone is asking at or abouve $40k. And again...HA now has the comic listed for sale at $36,900 or higher. Always wondered why someone would turnaround and offer to sell what they just want at auction. Is it buyers remorse or is did someone at HA win the bid?

I wonder how long it takes for the sale to reflect on gocollect.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:52 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

HA now has the comic listed for sale at $36,900 or higher.

Actually, that green Heritage notice under the sold listing means that the owner told Heritage that he/she would field offers on the owner's winnings, and Heritage is advising you to offer at least $39,600.  It does not mean that the owner will (or must) accept an offer.  I doubt he/she is required to respond.  As noted above, the owner likely did not specifically put the book up for sale, aside from a blanket authorization to allow offers on any books won.     

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, Rosland said:

Heritage relisted my winnings for resale.

They just defaulted it to ON without asking my permission.

Hi.  Go to your user profile on HA and you can change your settings so that the default is nothing is auto-listed unless you consent.

To swing back to the OP's comment, this book has steadily been gaining steam over the past year.  Lately, it has jumped more quickly with the hype/marketing about Doctor Strange 2 increasing.  Now is probably not the time to buy it as there is a LOT of public spotlight on the property.  If it were me, I'd wait 2 or 3 months after the movie is out for the inevitable, though probably small, drop in prices when everyone starts focusing on the next MCU offering.