• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever do this?
4 4

14 posts in this topic

Do any of you go back as far as you can in sales threads and think, "Why didn't I buy this?"  The sales threads only go back to 2009, but I have to ask myself.  "Why didn't I buy this for $400?" Or the signed Batman 227 in 7.5 for $200 or the $251 for $150?

Need to warm up the Time Machine and make up for some mistakes.

Iranian Scientist Claims to Have Built "Time Machine"

I was just going through some of my old pm”s to find the cost basis of some comics I’m selling on mycomicshop and was looking at some of the comics I bought (Moon Knight 1-6 in 9.6 for $100 total. Daredevil #1 in 6.5 for $1400). And some I couldn’t quite pull off (FF #1 and Avengers #1 in 6.0 for $12k). 

I do this, thinking back over 40 years of collecting. I regret the purchases I didn't make and the collecting focuses I had that cost money which would've been better spent otherwise, focuses that don't interest me anymore.

• Administrator
On 4/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, toro said:

The sales threads only go back to 2009

I am not sure when the for sale section did start.  Here is a thread from 2006

I thought I'd wasted money for ages getting Moon Knight #1 vol 1.for 10/$1. Problem was it was from Mile High, but from those grades I think I could do okay, if the book has any heat behind it. I'm assuming yes, but haven't checked. 

On 4/12/2022 at 2:59 AM, toro said:

Do any of you go back as far as you can in sales threads and think, "Why didn't I buy this?"  The sales threads only go back to 2009, but I have to ask myself.  "Why didn't I buy this for $400?" 

Need to warm up the Time Machine and make up for some mistakes.

A painful post for me to read, as I managed to damage my 9.6 copy beyond repair, one bought for a similar price, while moving stuff around for a bit of house renovation last year.  It made me realise I'm useless at looking after a large collection, and was the event which also made me decide to quit buying physical copy comic books. That's why I'm always going on here about the merits of digital.  I also don't read or participate in the Bronze Age threads now, too depressing.