• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waiting Until Delivery to Check the Grades
2 2

19 posts in this topic

I currently have five books at CGC. They are ASM #12 and #16, FF #13, Flash #110, and Showcase #14. They have reached the Grading/Quality Control step, so I hope to receive them by the end of the month. I am going to do everything in my power to avoid checking the grades until I receive my package from CGC. I know that this will be extremely difficult, but I'm still going to try.

Does anyone else do this, or do you check the grades as soon as they are available?

On 4/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, Math Teacher said:

I currently have five books at CGC. They are ASM #12 and #16, FF #13, Flash #110, and Showcase #14. They have reached the Grading/Quality Control step, so I hope to receive them by the end of the month. I am going to do everything in my power to avoid checking the grades until I receive my package from CGC. I know that this will be extremely difficult, but I'm still going to try.

Does anyone else do this, or do you check the grades as soon as they are available?

i hacked the site and saw the grades.  you'll either be happy, sad or indifferent about the results, imo.

Edited by Straw-Man

On 4/13/2022 at 9:27 AM, Math Teacher said:

I waited for the packages to come until my last few submissions.  I found more excitement in the unboxing reveal than the computer database one.  But my final submission was several years ago now, and I probably wouldn't wait if the lag was long between the grades being posted online and the slabs being shipped to me.

Edited by namisgr

On 4/13/2022 at 9:27 AM, Math Teacher said:

I don't think I've ever refrained from checking the grades as soon as available online.  I wonder if I even could, as impatient as I often am!  I have long-pending submissions, so I will test myself on the next one.  BTW, if you do wait until physical receipt, you can do an honest YoutTube grade reveal video!   Those are cool books, so you'll get many page views.  (thumbsu

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/17/2022 at 7:15 AM, Ryan. said:

Waiting is a bad idea. Sometimes there are errors that can be caught and dealt with before the package leaves the CGC offices.

Didnt think about that.  CGC has done a couple wrong labels.  

I was more in line of, waiting a year, whats 3 more days?