• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Dr. Strange #1
3 3

14 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2022 at 10:39 AM, doomwhistle said:

Wishing to slab. I feel it is a good copy but the stains in the back are hard on the eyes.

If by "good" you mean 2.0 GD, you're probably being a bit too harsh.  There's plenty of creasing and corner/edge wear to the front cover, and the back cover is just about as ugly as I've seen on a 1974 book; but this copy does appear to be tight, with a completely intact spine.  Hence, put me in the 3.0 GD/VG camp.

CGC certification will run you $43~58 (pre-1975 Economy tier), plus the cost of shipping and return shipping.  From a value point of view, certification would be a losing proposition.  As a ultra low-cost alternative, consider placing/storing it in a Mylar sleeve with an acid-free backing board.  :foryou:

@zzutak - I believe you are right. I might just encase it on my own. The color is beautiful on it and love the distress (sort of a worn down pulp fiction Photoshop filter) effect. The book is by no means a gem. But aesthetically is pleasing.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:36 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

No higher than 2.0 overall from me. I wouldn't slab this. Keep it so you can enjoy the gorgeous artwork inside and maybe get a better copy to slab, or a slabbed copy. This is a comic to handle and enjoy for sure, not hide away! 

have to agree with almost all you said on this but the grade 2.5/3.0 for me