• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading charge
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2022 at 11:18 AM, Ninja0215 said:

When does CGC usually charge for just grading services? Is it when the books arrive or at the time of service? ty 

My submission was charged when they started the grading process (I did a fast pass modern submission). Keep in mind the grading process didn't begin until weeks after they opened the package and then put into the system (when the submission could actually be tracked).

On 4/18/2022 at 9:07 AM, 850chris said:

My submission was charged when they started the grading process (I did a fast pass modern submission). Keep in mind the grading process didn't begin until weeks after they opened the package and then put into the system (when the submission could actually be tracked).

Ty my friend. I have a bucket load of books I want to send them but I'm saving for two vacations and I don't want to run into an issue. I'll probably wait at least till the end of summer to send these. Thanks again.  

On 4/18/2022 at 9:11 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Ty my friend. I have a bucket load of books I want to send them but I'm saving for two vacations and I don't want to run into an issue. I'll probably wait at least till the end of summer to send these. Thanks again.  

I would just wait until after the vacations, if budgeting is a concern.

Hi Ninja, I submitted books twice, last year and this year.  Last year I didn't get charged until the books were being graded or shortly before.  This year it was 2 months after almost to the day when they logged the books into their system., back in early March (books were received 1/13/22). This week they moved to encapsulating, which I think based on my last batch they went to quality control shortly thereafter and then shipped.  I'm still pretty new to the process so it could be longer, not really sure.

I read on the "Ask CGC" forum that it could be almost immediately when you are billed.  Once the books are checked in the invoice goes to Accounting for payment processing, at least that is what the CGC employee from customer service posted.  That wasn't the experience I had the first time or this last time so it appears that it is a bit subjective based on the day of the week.

I think Jennifer F. said in the Ask CGC section that they are working on being more consistent with billing.  The goal is to bill as soon as it is in the system, but I don't know if they've made that adjustment yet.  I know in the past, the billing time has varied wildly.  One time I got simultaneously billed for submissions that were months apart.