• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholder Custom Label Question
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hey there,

When you submit slabs with a custom label for a reholder, do they retain their custom label design?

And if so, what if the label they currently have is one that is no longer offered, would it still retain that custom label design?

I would one thousand percent email Cgc customer service 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:44 AM, The Lions Den said:

As long as nothing changed the information on the label (such as a change in grade) they'd probably just keep the same label...  

My understanding is that they always get a new case + label. Otherwise, I would want to re-holder the Gen 1 cases that I have while keeping the label.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

My understanding is that they always get a new case + label. Otherwise, I would want to re-holder the Gen 1 cases that I have while keeping the label.

Well, I'm sure the Gen 1 label wouldn't be compatible with the new holder anyway.

And I do have to agree with you---it's probably easier to just print a new label than bother trying to save the old one...  :( 

Edited by The Lions Den

I'm nearly 100% certain you will not be able to "save" your custom label, but if that label is still available you could probably request it.  If that specific design has been retired, you're out of luck, because labels for reholders get automatically updated in case they have new information (e.g. a 1st appearance that wasn't noted on old labels).