Calling all CGC Comic geniuses. Help me remember.
3 3

21 posts in this topic

I saw a cover on the board here that I really liked, and now I'd like to go look around and see if it's stupid high priced or in my "maybe" range, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.  I'm thinking many folks here are so knowledgeable about individual books that if I describe the cover someone might actually know what I'm talking about.  Anyways, this is only if one is bored.

 

So . . . what I remember was it was in space, I think it had a guy shooting a laser and either had a space creature or a spaceship, and the cover was kinda blueish and very attractive and someone here had been after it for a while.  I can't remember if it was Golden Age or Silver, but it was older for sure.  Anyways, that's all I got.  Any guesses.

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 11:00 AM, Cat said:

Wild guess I'm throwing out here. 819016326_images(13).jpeg.aa41e8072911dec2a31f436123830b43.jpeg

That certainly fits all my criteria and is definitely cool, but not what I was thinking about.  As I recall their was one main spacesuit guy or super hero guy with a helmet.  I think the helmet had a mohawk, but I could be totally making that up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, Laszlo the Mudjar said:

That certainly fits all my criteria and is definitely cool, but not what I was thinking about.  As I recall their was one main spacesuit guy or super hero guy with a helmet.  I think the helmet had a mohawk, but I could be totally making that up.

I would look for Frazetta, that's what that sounds like

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whenever I think of greatly loved Sci Fi covers I think of the Frazetta Buck Rogers Famous Funnies covers.  The only problem is the only one of these that is largely blue is #210 which is wonderful, but not one of the ones that are most coveted:

Cover for Famous Funnies (Eastern Color, 1934 series) #210

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 12:51 PM, Cat said:

Could It have been an Adam Strange cover? For example:

 

1446431942_images(14).jpeg.4e84d6090ca7d1f865b9d752148977c6.jpeg

Really really similar to that but the colors and art jumped out as different . . . more neon like.  Too funny . . . it's driving me bananas.  I'm gonna have to go thru every thread I ever perused and look for the picture :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, Laszlo the Mudjar said:

Hah . . . found it in "Have prices eased up"

Thanks for playing everyone :D

00067210840000113864993001.jpg

Sadly,  the price on that particular book has not eased a bit..  or at all. 

Awesome book for any Cole fan! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 12:28 PM, KCOComics said:

Sadly,  the price on that particular book has not eased a bit..  or at all. 

Awesome book for any Cole fan! 

I've always thought this one of the best Cole covers. Too bad it's both extremely hard to find at all, and commensurately priced when you do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, Qalyar said:

I've always thought this one of the best Cole covers. Too bad it's both extremely hard to find at all, and commensurately priced when you do.

Cole's entire Blue Bolt run is spectacular! 

I started trying to put them together, but they've all gotten pricey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 10:02 AM, Laszlo the Mudjar said:

Hah . . . found it in "Have prices eased up"

Thanks for playing everyone :D

00067210840000113864993001.jpg

finding covers have clime a bit.
@onlyweaknesskryptonite  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3